Find better matches with our advanced matching system
34 / M / Straight / Single
His journal posts
Sep 19, 2009
Some Reasons to Date Me
1. I graduated valedictorian from college.
2. I can cook.
3. When I was a Playboy subscriber, it really was for the articles. (If you have the Milton Friedman interview from the 70’s, please share it with me).
4. I’ll make soup for you when you’re sick.
5. When you fall asleep on my shoulder, I won’t wake you up.
6. I’ll give you flowers.
7. I drive a convertible.
8. I listen to NPR enough to put them in my will.
9. I have a job.
10. My job doesn’t have me.
11. I’m not a virgin, but I’ve still got things to learn.
12. I’ve got my own place, where we can make all the noise we want.
13. I’ve lived in five time zones.
14. I am seldom, if ever, late.
15. When I hang up your pictures, they’ll be straight.
16. I don’t eat cookies in bed.
17. I have cool friends.
18. I’d like to meet yours.
19. I never watch football.
20. I tie my own bowtie (which is difficult).
21. I travel the whole world, but always look forward to coming home to you.
22. None of your friends will ask if I was ever on Unsolved Mysteries or Cops.
23. I’ll let you cry on my shoulder.
24. I’ll cry on your shoulder.
25. I don’t hog the pillows.
26. I’ll point out of bits of trivia you never thought of.
27. I’ll say something nice about your photos.
28. I’m a Sagittarius born in the year of the Horse.
29. I’ll wash the dishes if you’ll dry.
30. I’ll notice how good you smell (if you actually do smell good).
31. I lived in the Midwest long enough to learn to use words like “shucks”.
32. I don’t have weird issues with my mom.
33. My mom lives 2500 miles away, so she’ll leave you alone.
34. I’ll eat anything you will.
35. I don’t care if you have guy friends, just so long as they aren’t just all the guys you previously slept with.
36. My order at Starbucks or any other coffee shop will never make you want to slap me midway through. (It’s just “small coffee”).
37. I’ll never ask you to cook a squirrel for me. I’ll wait for you to volunteer.
38. I like your bed head.
39. I don’t have any kids.
40. I’m not fat.
41. I don’t believe in secrets and I don’t have too many either.
42. I own six seasons of the Sopranos and all eleven seasons of MASH.
43. I don’t talk during movies.
44. Glasses or contacts, it’s up to you.
45. I won’t ask you to lend me money.
46. If you’re allergic to my cat, I won’t hold it against you. I will, however, give you a pill.
47. When turned on, I’m extremely ticklish.
48. Although I won the geography bee in middle school, I’ll let you give directions.
49. I’ll keep the whining to a minimum when I get sick.
50. I know when you know best.
51. I’ll let you pick out the furniture, drapes, etc.
52. I’ll read the newspaper to you.
53. I’ll recycle said newspaper when we’re done with it.
54. I wash my sheets weekly.
55. I don’t smoke, chew, etc.
56. I’m older than you, but not weirdly older.
57. I’ve never been arrested – so you know I’m on the level. Unless I’m a crafty criminal.
58. It is unlikely you’ll ever have to put up bail money for me, but if it ever does come to that, I’ll think of you first.
59. I’m nice to my family.
60. I’ve solved the five-star Sudoku puzzles.
61. Pancakes at my place include real grade AA amber maple syrup.
62. I have good taste.
63. I’m at least as ambitious as you.
64. I shower daily, sometimes more often.
65. My neuroses are all minor.
66. I’ve read “She Comes First”.
67. I’ve never had a cavity.
68. I give very thoughtful gifts.
69. I haven’t lived here long, but I know enough hidden gems that I show you some cool places.
70. I won’t order a girlier drink than you do.
71. I’ve got an extra toothbrush ready for you, but I don’t care if you use mine.
72. I’ll pump your gas for you.
73. I’m not against it in principle, but I’m also in no hurry to have a kid.
74. You can teach me your own rules to truth or dare, because I’ve never played.
75. I have never owned, nor do I intend to ever own, a twelve-sided die (bonus points for understanding this reference).
76. I can point out the North Star and the Southern Cross, but not on the same night.
77. I’ve got all my shots.
78. I have something to teach you.
79. I’d want to see what you can teach me.
80. If you ever need a little A positive blood, I’ll give you some of mine.
81. I promise to do my best to get along with your dad, especially if he’s a gun nut.
82. Your mom will approve of me. Hmm… not sure if this is actually a positive.
83. I don’t spend a lot of effort being PC.
84. All (well, both) my car accidents were the other guy’s fault.
85. I’m not a lawyer, but I delight in writing irate letters.
86. I understand you don’t tell me your problems because you want solutions.
87. I like to fix things.
88. I live within 20 miles of you.
89. I’ll make sure my coworkers notice the hickies you give me.
90. I don’t have anything contagious.
91. I'll chop onions for you.
92. I don’t have very much baggage.
93. I own enough luggage to share.
94. I’ve got good stories to share.
95. I’d rather hear your stories.
96. I don’t litter.
97. I’ll let you wear my shirts.
98. You’ll feel safe with me.
99. I want to feel vulnerable with you.