Radical individualist. Intellectually and financially independent. Socially adventurous introvert. College grad, fwiw. Former business owner. Writer. Design artist. Vagabonding traveler. Philosopher. Aesthete. Photographer. Yogi & competitive runner. Musician. Appreciator, cultivator of great relationships/friendships. Lover of dance: I'm a freestyle prodigy and classical novice. Anti-ageist. SCUBA certified. INT-J/P. Libertarian outlook. Selfishly benevolent. Starchild.
*** In addition to finding a romantic/sexual partner and friends, I am also looking for very compatible TRAVEL friend/partner(s)! I plan to go all over the world (various travels to South America, Asia, Europe, Australia), and am looking for a special friend/camrade(s) to accompany me in my vagabonding, through rough and spectacular. This could be one friend for all travels, or different friends for each trip ... sexual or platonic. ***
What I’m doing with my life
I'm staying in excellent physical/mental shape through meditation, running, yoga, gym training, reading, etc. I'm doing aesthetic design work on my beautiful contemporary home, my "life art" of the moment. I write, now and then, and have published some articles. I travel, sometimes weeks/months at a time. I study fields of interest and future potential. I develop my guitar and singing. I manage a rental home and investments. I am pulled apart into too many directions now, and working on simplification and new direction.
I’m really good at
• Running fast.
• Writing, critical thinking and analysis, and intellectual discussions.
• Being young forever.
• Photography - capturing great stuff with good composition (or v.v.). Ask me for the link to my online portfolio.
The first things people usually notice about me
are usually the things that make them glad they got to know me
better, once they've gotten to know me better.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
• The Great Gatsby, The Fountainhead, The Count of Monte Cristo, Millenium (Dragon Tattoo) trilogy. Hitchens, Nietzsche, E.E. Cummings, Rumi, Mary Oliver.
• V For Vendetta, Jean de Florette & Manon Des Sources, American Beauty, Lord of the Rings, Agora, Life Is Beautiful, Before Sunrise/Sunset, Cyrano de Bergerac, The Lives of Others, Casablanca. ([sigh] OK, and... early Star Wars) (And of course I love Shawshank, and Firefly. And Amelie.)
• electronic/trance music, Iron & Wine, Clint Mansell, Ludovico Einaudi, Vienna Teng, Anitra Holley, Rush. Some "depressing-but-great" artists including Aimee Mann...
• sorbet, olive oil, falafel, ethnic food (particularly Indian, Thai, Vietnamese).
The six things I could never do without
• beautiful, moving art of all media
• the adventure of travel
• yoga & meditation
• singing with my guitar
• running shoes
• Independence / Freedom
I spend a lot of time thinking about
- a lot of self-absorbed yet epic stuff
- perfecting things, including myself
- the psychology of others' thinking (mostly: as cultural phenom)
- political culture
On a typical Friday night I am
If I'm travelling, I'm something adventurous. Otherwise, I could be practicing my guitar, internetting, on a date, at an event with friends, or watching a movie.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
is written in invisible e-ink here:
You should message me if
- You're individualistic, independent, your own woman
- You think and express yourself well.
- You're looking for a travel partner
- You like freestyle dance (though classical dance is nice too)
- And/or if you just generally like what you see here.