Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Hard working professional here who is enjoying life, but would like
to find someone with whom to enjoy it! (After 5 revisions, I think
I will keep that - anyone else find writing these things
I enjoy outdoor activities (kayaking, hiking, biking, etc) but also
enjoy just working around the house. Projects - should always have
a few on hand...
However, quiet time is nice too - watching movies, cooking nice
meals, cuddling on the couch, falling asleep in each others arms -
nice ways to spend an afternoon.
I come from a musical family, so music has been and is very
important to me - listening as well as performing. See favorite
music below, but enjoy most kinds of music - just as long as there
is some rhythm and a melody (please let there be a melody!).
Traveling - a great passion of mine. I love seeing new places and
meeting new people - and then trying the food! Places on the top of
the list to visit: Scotland (learned to drive on the right-hand
side of the car in Ireland), Australia, New Zealand, Nova Scotia,
and PEI. Plus, there is so much to see here in Maine!
I like to think of myself as a person who is: kind, respectful,
trustworthy, fairly intelligent, a good conversationalist,
humorous, and just a nice person (rather subjective I realize...).
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
- I enjoy my my job.
- Living in Maine rocks.
- I sing with a choral group in Brunswick.
- Many projects on the house occupy my time.
- Want to get out and enjoy Maine kayaking, hiking, biking - love
trying new restaurants and the micro-brews.
- Enjoying the important things in life: family, friends, and
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
- not creating a list of things that I am good at - but will give
it a try;
- chatting with people - I really enjoy getting to know people and
hearing about their journey through life;
- being a good, loyal, and trustworthy friend;
- listening - that goes along with being a good friend in my
- baking - I love to bake - learning how to be a better cook - but
love to bake (with chocolate of course);
- singing - not sure I am really good at it, but have enjoyed
singing my whole life.
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I guess - based on what people have said - this isn't easy talking
about oneself is it - they notice the following:
- my smile
- an easy going nature
- that I am usually in a good mood
- that I am kind.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Favorite Books: The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid, The
Harry Potter Books, want to read 30 Lessons for Living.
Favorite Movies: The Big Eden, Guys and Balls, The Notebook, Auntie
Mame - just to name a few.
Favorite Shows: Watch mainly public TV: Doc Martin, The Antique
Favorite Music: Classical (choral and instrumental), Folk
(Quebecois, Irish, Cape Breton), Cat Stevens, Big Band, the list
could go on and on.
Favorite Food: Anything that is edible! Love to try new foods. Oh,
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
Going to change the question to : Six things I would not like to do
without (that's better):
- Those wonderful moments in life when you think it can't get much
better than this;
- Laughing until your belly and face hurts;
- Having my cat fall sound asleep on my lap;
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
Friends, family, and how great life is.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
- at home with my cat watching a movie or listening to music;
- out with friends;
- attending some event: e.g. concert, play, lecture, etc.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
Let's meet first and then share such secrets...
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
- you are kind and sincere and looking for the same;
- enjoy laughing (hopefully with a view of the cup being half
- interested in starting a friendship - who knows what might happen
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.