Find better matches with our advanced matching system
45 • M • San Diego, CA
- Last Online
- Yesterday – 9:15pm
- 5′ 9″ (1.75m)
- Body Type
- When drinking
- Agnosticism, but not too serious about it
- Cancer, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from university
- Rather not say
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Okay)
- Hunter S Thompson
My clean close shave? I don't know. My eyes, my hands. My stellar posture, except when I'm severely intoxicated.
My profound and truly epic handsomeness is only matched by my profound and truly epic sense of humility.
Movie-wise that's a very broad question since I am really into film. So to knock out a bunch of them, I'd say pretty much anything by Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino, David Fincher, Wong Kar Wai, Danny Boyle, Pedro Almodovar, Guy Ritchie, and Terry Gilliam. Aside from that, notable standouts for me include In Bruges, 24 Hour Party People, In The Mood For Love, Pan's Labyrinth, Mesrine, Priceless, It Felt Like A Kiss, Curse Of The Golden Flower, Children Of Men, The Memory of a Killer, The Stranger in Their Eyes. I'm sure there are plenty others.
I just rewatched "Enter the Void" the other night. Oh, boy.
My 2 favorite musical artists are UNKLE and Evil Nine. It's like what would have happened had Trip-Hop evolved but didn't bifurcate into Chillout (which I like on occasion) and on the other end of the spectrum, bad EDM i.e. Brostep/Dubshit, which I loathe with the white hot heat of elevendy kajillion suns. I do really adore Wax Tailor...they are still going strong. There are other things I like but my tastes are so eclectic all I get when I try to explain what I like is confused looks and furrowed brows. Don't worry, I don't like entry-level Hipster garbage which if I did, which I don't, I wouldn't brag about knowing about them before everyone else did, in the most insufferable manner possible.
Back to movies: I had a fun thought tonight. If I were a big time studio mogul, and could throw any amount of money at any movie project, who would I hire to make any movie I wanted?
Well I don't know what the movie would be about...heck I'd let them make a biopic of Mamie Eisenhower for all I care, but I'd hire this dream team:
Direction: Wong Kar Wai
Cinematographer: Christopher Doyle (Wong Kar Wai's usual cinematographer)
Screenplay: Martin McDonagh
Casting Director: Quentin Tarantino
Music Director: Quentin Tarantino
Musical Score: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross
Opening Title Sequence: Gaspar Noé
I would let them run amok, let them have whatever money they wanted. "Shut up and take my money!" as Fry would say. And watch the cinematic universe explode in awesomeness.
3. A steady flow of good movies
4. When I can get one in, there's nothing better or more refreshing than a sweet-ass nap.
5. Smiles and/or laughter
6. My small army of crows that I set forth to do my bidding. I know at least the three crows that I have befriended & am in the process of training to do my bidding love me. (I'd call them a murder of crows but they're more like a manslaughter at this point).
Poppin' & Lockin'
If someone gave powdered High Fructose Corn Syrup to some sugar ants, would they get all obese and lethargic?
Tuvarian throat singing
Why Steve Buscemi should have been cast as the new Batman.
Two of the biggest problems of our times are Zealotry and Reductionism (binary or pure black & white thinking). Combine the two and you have the majority cause of the world's problems, in my opinion.
I'm actually a perfect ambivert...I always score exactly 50% introvert and 50% extrovert on all personality trait tests (i.e. Meyers-Briggs)
If you've gotten this far without being thrown off by my Cavalcade of Nonsense, here are some random fun facts about me:
1. I am a Synesthete (grapho-numeric and number form).
2. I think the greatest song in the past 50+ years is "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division. It is the apex of musical perfection for me; so beautiful, so heartfelt, so true.
3. I recently cracked a rib (hairline fracture, not like I have a rib sticking out of my torso or anything. How did I get it? I attempted the obscure Kama Sutra technique known as "Drunken Oaf."
4. So I finally saw this movie "Life of Pie" and I'm really disappointed. I like pie, and I thought I'd see a movie about a talking pie or something. Not only did it have nothing to do with pies, but they misspelled "Pie." :-(
5. I love to make fun of bats**T conspiracy theorists. Love to wind them up and watch them go mental. Anyone who believes in Chemtrails or the Illuminati is in for a fun evisceration.
6. I made a video of "Rerun" from "What's Happening" dancing to Transmission by Joy Division. Because I am silly.
7. Many years ago I was paralyzed from the neck up in a horrible Luge accident. Everything I write is actually ghostwitten by my full-time nurse/caretaker Helga, in accordance of what I think my wishes would have been (which is hard to really know, since once again I am paralyzed from the neck up).
8. My favorite drink is the rare and elusive "Sicilian Kiss." Few know how to make it. I have an idea but it's like trying to handle plutonium; one drop out of whack and it's a nightmare of epic proportions.
9. I love the smell of cedar and saltwater while driving up PCH.
10. The most tranquil place I've ever been to is Death Valley. I've stayed at the Furnace Creek Inn many times.
11. That's enough wit and wisdom for now.
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 28–40
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.