I've gotten to the point in my life where I like who I am, where I feel substantial, where I actually surprise myself sometimes at what I can do. And I'm looking for a woman who feels the same way about herself. I like being around confident, dynamic people. And I like women who defy expectations, who are original.
I always have trouble coming up with one word to describe myself. I thrive in nature, but sometimes I want to walk around the City. I'll blow an hour surfing design blogs online, but then I'll spend an equal amount of time running a trail or playing basketball. Sometimes I don't want to be the center of attention, but I enjoy being on stage playing guitar. I guess my job is technically an office job, but I've somehow managed to wear out a pair of hiking shoes since getting it. I could give you a bunch of examples like this.
I love to talk -- I confess I sometimes have a pretty raw sense of humor. But I like to listen, too. I want to hear what women think about things, and I don't offer unsolicited advice. I'm older now, so I prefer real things and real people. A little drama can be fun. Nobody's perfect -- and frankly, who wants them to be? But I won't tolerate ridiculousness in people. I like adults.
It's always been important to me that I make a difference somehow. I used to be a journalist, now I work for an environmental organization. and I love it.
* I always know what I want by the time I get to the front of the line.
* I don't wear socks with flip-flops. Ever.
* I prefer solids to plaids.
* I won't sit on BART if there are any women standing.
* I'm not big on any kind of clothing with the word "cargo" in its name.
* I'm a reformed compulsive jaywalker.
* I would rather make art than buy art for my walls -- so my place probably has some odd stuff hanging.
* Last thing: my waffles are unbelievable. Seriously.