* I always know what I want by the time I get to the front of the line.
* Never socks with flip-flops. Ever.
* With proper stretching, I can run very far, pretty fast.
* Work is in the city.
* I take stairs quickly.
* Prefer solids to plaids.
* There is pretty much always a soundtrack going in my head.
* I have high standards for sunsets.
* If any women are standing on BART, I don't sit.
* Not big on any kind of clothing with the word "cargo" in its name.
* I have good manners.
* Reformed compulsive jaywalker.
* I would rather make art than buy art -- so my place probably has some odd stuff on the walls.
* Last thing: my waffles are unbelievable. Seriously.
I've been living in the Bay Area for about five years, and I like it a lot -- both the city stuff and the nature stuff.
I've gotten to the point in my life where I like who I am, where I feel substantial, where I actually surprise myself sometimes at what I can do. And I'm looking for a woman who feels the same way about herself. I like being around confident, dynamic people. And I like women who defy expectations, who are original.
I'll blow an hour surfing design blogs online, but then I'll spend an equal amount of time running a trail. Sometimes I don't want to be the center of attention, but I enjoy being on stage playing guitar. I guess my job is technically an office job, but I've somehow managed to wear out a pair of hiking shoes since getting it. I've noticed that everyone on OKC talks about themselves as if they're this wonder of awesome contradictions -- who am I to buck the trend?
I love to talk -- I confess I sometimes have a pretty raw sense of humor. But I like to listen, too. I want to hear what women think about things, and I don't offer unsolicited advice. I'm older now, so I prefer real things and real people. A little drama can be fun. Nobody's perfect -- and frankly, who wants them to be? But I won't tolerate ridiculousness in people. I like adults.
It's always been important to me that I make a difference somehow. I used to be a journalist, now I work for an environmental organization. Although I look normal, I've got a bit of the subversive in me, and I like being in a position to punch the Man in the face every now and again.