My day job is I am a professor at UW in the engineering school. I spend about a third of my time spinning tales to undergraduates about circuits and bits, a third working with graduate students imparting a zest for life, and a third handling.. err, BS. Somewhere in there I'm supposed to actually think for a living, but usually I have to rely on my graduate students to do that for me.
I'm a fairly public person, but an "out" poly. So if you date me I don't hide the fact that we are dating.
A bit more about me:
* You’ll find me easy going. I’m driven, sure, but I’m pretty relaxed in my romantic relationships. I don't check my phone on a date.
* I regularly cross the country on my motorcycle for fun. It’s _important_ to me.
* I’m on track for 50K miles in the air this year. I routinely travel to the UK, Europe, middle-east and most recently Japan, as well as the usual SFO, DC, LA, etc. I keep a folder of subway passes, SIM cards, and currencies for many spots on the globe and am comfortable anywhere.
* I’ve owned and sailed offshore a couple boats before. I’ve sent one to davy jones locker as well. Presently I own a fishing boat and commercial crabbing boat (future plans). The salt water runs through my veins. I love the wind.
* I can sit for hours outdoors meditating with nature or talking with a partner. But put me in a room and expect me to watch TV (I don't own one) and I’ll go crazy; There's something about passive entertainment that bores the hell out of me.
* I’m a tinkerer. Don’t leave me alone with anything mechanical or electronic. I’ll disassemble and re-assemble it out of habit.
I have an amazing primary life partner that I live with (cisgender/straight), and an awesome non-primary partner (cisgender/bi) that I date regularly. I tend to form long term relationships (primary going on 8, non-primary 1+, and enjoy the intimacy such time affords. My social calendar is pretty full, but for the right person, depending on their interests and desires, I’m looking to form another non-primary relationship.