My day job is I am a professor at UW in the engineering school. I spend about a third of my time spinning tales to undergraduates about circuits and bits, a third working with graduate students imparting a zest for life, and a third handling.. err, BS. Somewhere in there I'm supposed to actually think for a living, but usually I have to rely on my graduate students to do that for me. Thank goodness for all the beautiful minds around me.
A bit more about me:
* You’ll find me easy going. I’m driven, sure, but I’m pretty relaxed in my romantic relationships. I don't check my phone on a date.
* I regularly cross the country on my motorcycle for fun. It’s _important_ to me.
* I’m on track for 50K miles in the air this year. I routinely travel to the UK, Europe, middle-east and most recently Japan, as well as the usual SFO, DC, LA, etc. I keep a folder of subway passes, SIM cards, and currencies for many spots on the globe. I travel light and often and am comfortable anywhere.
* I’ve owned and sailed off shore a couple boats before. I’ve sent one to davy jones locker as well. Presently I own a fishing boat and soon-to-be used commercial crabbing boat. I live on the water. The salt water runs through my veins.
* I don’t idle well. The last time I slept well was in 1995. Oh I love to chill and cuddle in bed with my partners. And I can sit for hours outdoors meditating with nature. But put me in a living room and expect me to read the newspaper and I’ll go crazy. I'm not even sure how to stair at a TV.
* I’m a tinkerer. Don’t leave me alone with anything mechanical or electronic. I’ll disassemble and re-assemble it out of habit.
I have an amazing primary life partner that I live with (cisgender/straight), and an awesome non-primary partner (cisgender/bi) that I date regularly. I tend to form long term relationships (primary going on 8, non-primary about to round the 1 year mark), and enjoy the intimacy such time affords. My social calendar is pretty full, but for the right person, depending on their interests and desires, I’m looking to form another non-primary relationship.