I think compatibility factors are important. I made a list of 23. Here are the top seven:
1. Loves nature, loves to camp and hike and swim in mountain pools and in the ocean. Adores it. Revels in it. (I used to do this more, before I got runner's knees.)
2. Physical fitness. A core value. Works out, does exercise of all kinds, indoors and out. Bike, hike, mountain bike, etc. (Mostly at the gym now.)
3. Time: Able to slow down and savor life, not rush it. Able to be present and not distracted.
4. Loves the arts—literature, music, visual arts, movies, drama, etc. (A huge part of my life.)
5. Sees health and healthy food as a top priority. Chooses not to eat fast food or junk food.
6. Mental health. Will go a long way to make positive and healthy choices. Chooses healthy friends, etc. Has good boundaries.
7. Basically positive outlook. Most people are good. The world is a wonderful place where I can get what I want.
I like women who are slender. The closer the bone....