New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
36 • Toronto, Ontario, CA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 27–45
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating
- Last online
- Online now!
- 5′ 10″ (1.78m)
- Body type
- Mostly vegetarian
- Virgo, and it’s fun to think about
- Graduated from university
- Science / Engineering
- Rather not say
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs
- English (Fluently), French (Poorly), C++ (Okay)
Specifically, I'm entertained by guys who are funny, smart, observant, and playful (and I'd like to think that I have these qualities, as well).
Personally: going out of my way to meet new people and have new experiences; even better if I can do both at the same time. My main creative pursuit is an album I've written which is slowly gathering dust while I figure out how to put together a band and find time to rehearse. (Former creative pursuits included improv/sketch-comedy... which is not to say that I'm not still interested, but I've put a lower priority on them because they used to DOMINATE my free time.)
Professionally: After a few years of pursuing a new career path, I've now been a project manager (of medical-imaging technology projects) for over a year. It's interesting and stressful.
- Organizing things
- Getting out of my comfort zone
- Rocking out
- Eating out
2. I talk a lot. It's true: I like talking, and I like hanging out with people who also enjoy talking, especially about interesting things (i.e. not small-talk, gossip, or celebrity news). I generally eventually catch myself if I've been prattling on for a while.
3. [Wishful thinking] That I work out. I mean, the whole reason I work out is to look like I work out, so, here's hoping. (The health benefits are nice, too, but honestly.)
In 2013, I was on a mission to get back into knowing what's what with music, these days; as a result, here're a few favourites from 2013:
- Modern Vampires of the City by Vampire Weekend (very melodic with a good range of musical styles)
- MCII by Mikal Cronin (catchy, garage-y rock)
- Sunbather by Deafheaven (it turns out I like black metal. Who knew?)
- Meir by Kvelertak (musically, ranges from classic metal to hard rock to alternative rock)
- Fever Hunter by Modern Life is War (similar to Deafheaven, it turns out that I like hardcore, also.)
- Major Arcana by Speedy Ortiz (throwback to 90's alternative. Very angular with alternating harmony and dissonance.)
(And here are some of my all-time favourite bands:
Sloan, Fucked Up, Ben Folds Five, Sufjan Stevens, Weezer (Pinkerton #1, Blue Album #2, then... that's it), Andrew WK, The Decemberists, and The New Pornographers.)
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (my all-time favourite book, I believe)
- The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
- The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury
Movies + Shows:
Okay, full disclosure: I do not go out of my way to watch TV or movies. If invited, I'll usually go, but there are exceptions.
But what about Musicals?
- I saw Book of Mormon in Oct 2014 and thought it was great.
- Avenue Q is amazing.
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch, which I saw on stage and then as an excellent movie.
- [title of show] is one of the most inspirational/funny things I've ever seen.
I don't cook. But I like to eat. Out. A lot.
1. Friends and family
2. Creative outlets
3. My glasses (really, I'm extremely myopic)
4. New experiences
5. My iPhone (in addition to communication and life-savers like Maps, I do a lot of creative/productive stuff on my phone)
6. Squat racks
- Going to concerts at small venues around Toronto (e.g. The Garrison, The Phoenix, Lee's Palace, The Horseshoe).
- Going to hipster-ville (e.g. west Queen-west, Dundas-west) for interesting beers/locales.
- Seeing musicals/theatre at big or small venues.
- Competing in a City Chase (a low-budget Amazing Race around Toronto that happens every summer).
- Riding bikes around Toronto for business and pleasure.
- Playing board games.
- Getting dressed up for a night out (e.g. at the Reservoir Lounge).
- Spending an afternoon in Kensington Market.
- Travelling, with a preference for adventure over tourist traps.
- Performing in concerts at small venues around Toronto (e.g. The Garrison, The Phoenix, Lee's Palace, The Horseshoe).
- And, sometimes, getting suuuuuper drunk at a bar/club/karaoke.
2. You like this profile and do not fit that physical description; I am still completely interested in meeting like-minded people for a non-date.
To all respondents: I just ask in advance that you follow through on whatever gets planned/decided. I know that sometimes it can't be helped, so, if you do need to cancel, it will make me very happy if you do it like this: "Hey, really sorry, something came up! But how about [suggestions for alternate days to get together]."
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.