Find better matches with our advanced matching system
38 / F / Bisexual / Single
Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Last Online
- Today – 7:30pm
- 5′ 3″ (1.60m).
- Body Type
- Mostly vegetarian
- Buddhism and somewhat serious about it
- Taurus and it’s fun to think about
- Graduated from masters program
- Has cats
KalikaDakini Ann Arbor, Michigan less spiritual
bageliscute Westland, Michigan less spiritual
tenbrains Ann Arbor, Michigan less spiritual
PammyWhammy Ypsilanti, Michigan less spiritual
paperbunny Ann Arbor, Michigan less spiritual
UniSeason Ypsilanti, Michigan more adventurous
sunnydecho9 Ypsilanti, Michigan less spiritual
binkygirl4u Ann Arbor, Michigan less spiritual
Lately I've been captivated by Martha Beck's Finding Your Way in a wild new world - who can go wrong with wordlessness and oneness? :) I'm also fond of: Ishmael (Daniel Quinn); Candide (Voltaire); Stranger in a Strange Land (Robert Heinlein); Veronika Decides to Die (Paulo Coelho); Woman on the Edge of Time (Marge Piercy); and New Earth (Eckhart Tolle)
Movies: Little miss sunshine, don juan de marco, good will hunting, princess bride, four weddings and a funeral, the guru (no, definitively NOT a spiritual movie)... and several others I can't think of.
Music. I've never found that music is one of those things that makes me more or less interested in getting to know a person, so I'm not going to list music. I will, however, for no apparent reason, link to a random YouTube of an amazing musician combining beatboxing with cello: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T36A-H8dPhI&feature=player_embedded.
TV: Yep, I'm one of those TV-less people. I must admit, though, that I did recently make it through the Battlestar Galactica series thanks to Netflix.
Yes, I eat it. And love love love really interesting, unusual, spicy food. In particular I am fond of various sorts of vegetarian Asian food: Thai, Indian & Korean.
3. Reading & Discussing fascinating books, ideas, and theories
5. Spiritual practice - the specifics vary, but making time to connect to the beauty and connectedness around us makes everything else matter.
6. Silence. Stillness.
* Executing random harmless practical jokes, that will make me laugh even if nobody else does.
* Creating the ideal intentional community.
* Why the Thai curries I make at home don't resemble the ones I ate when I was traveling/volunteering in Thailand.
* Kale. Kale chips. Kale soup. Sauteed kale.
- Guys and girls who like bi girls
- Ages 26–48
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating, activity partners
* You want to save the world AND you have a somewhat inappropriate sense of humor. Saving the world doesn't have to be somber and joyless - really!
* You resonate with the message of any of the books I list.
* You believe growing and changing as a person is important (for me spiritual practice is the best way I've found to make this happen, but there are a variety of ways to do this).
* You know where to find paw paws or other hard-to-find interesting foods. [Edit - I've finally tasted them, and they are as amazing as I'd thought. Now you should message me if you have a place I can plant paw paw trees and pick fruit from them daily in September and October.]
* You are over a 75% match. If not, it is unlikely that we are a good match (but hey - feel free to make the case - it's not like okc is perfect...).