Here's an animation I created (it might make you smile):
One Minute Fluidtoons
And painting walls (one of my favorite things to do ever):
Hallway at The Living Gallery
I go to a weekly meditation group (in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh).
I love meeting people from other cultures and seeing the world outside of the US. I've mostly traveled to other countries for animation festivals which are pretty fun.
In college I studied computer science and psychology. I focused on neuroscience and worked in a lab with zebra finches, where I mostly counted neurons (yes, it was a bit tedious).
But besides that, I would guess my friendliness or my laugh. A nice lady at work once told me I have an infectious laugh.
- Weekends at Bellevue
- Don't Sleep, There are Snakes
- Thrive: Finding Happiness the Blue Zones Way
- At Hell's Gate: A Soldier's Journey from War to Peace
- Dharma Punx
- The Animator's Survival Kit
- Keith Haring art book by Jeffrey Deitch
- Talking Animals & Other People
- That's Not All, Folks
- The Push Man & Other Stories
- Harvey Pekar
- Jeffrey Brown
- Best American Comics series
- Gabrielle Bell
- Bellevue Inside Out
- Kinshasa Symphony
- Vernon, Florida
- God Grew Tired of Us
- Who the @#% is Jackson Pollock?
- Les Triplettes de Belleville
- Cat Soup
- Okie Noodling
- Hand on a Hardbody
- Philip Glass: A Portrait in Twelve Parts
- Dancing Outlaw
- White Diamond (and almost anything by Herzog)
- Chain Camera
- Any animation by Nick Cross or John R. Dilworth
- Sita Sings the Blues
I actually have a blog on which I write about documentaries that I like: docsofnote.blogspot.com
Music: Too much to list, really. Bach, traditional Indian, big band and swing, old blues, hip-hop, weirdo classical (Philip Glass, Max Richter)... For several years I was obsessed with Aphex Twin and that kind of music.
Foods: Indian, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Ethiopian
In Atlanta, I started a "drawing fun-time" night on Fridays with my friends in which we gathered at one of our houses to sit around and chat and draw- I love this and may attempt to recreate it in NYC.
- You are kind, warm, and/or affectionate
- You like my art
- You can use your/you're and its/it's correctly
- You value compassion
- You meditate and/or do yoga or are interested to start or learn about it
- You love animals
- You're down for going on a date in person rather than exchanging lots of messages
- You like to watch documentaries and can recommend any