Find better matches with our advanced
44 • Brussels, Belgium • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 25–47
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends
- Last online
- Mar 3
- 6′ 0″ (1.84m)
- Body type
- Mostly anything
- Atheism, and laughing about it
- Cancer, and it’s fun to think about
- Graduated from masters program
- Banking / Finance
- Doesn’t have kids, but might want them
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), Dutch (Fluently), French (Fluently), Spanish (Okay), German (Okay)
I laugh easily and just as much with my own stupidity.
Lived and worked two years in an African country and it has had a strong impact on me (and on my living rooms decoration).
I'm quite easy in making new friends.
High on outdoor sports, a-bit-out-of-the-ordinary travels, roughing it a bit and dancing (yes, ladies, they do exist!): i'm mostly into salsa, but 'd just as well go for the one-style-fits-all sillyness.
I'm not twenty anymore, but in heart & mind i still feel much more connected to 30-somethings than to a lot of 40+ people that confine themselves to an all too limited worky-telly-sleepy life.
I've had my years when i was focused on a rising career, but i feel like i've been there, seen it and it's not me anymore. Work now is a means to an end, which can be rewarding and quite fun, but it has to keep its hands off my evenings and weekends.
- collecting scars without wanting to, be it in travelling, sports or while ironing my shirts
- i have an uncanny gift for remembering faces, but am equally bad at remembering names. So if i think i know you from somewhere, i really do, but that doesn't help me much.
and i'm not too good at:
- on-line stuff. I need a facebook-for-dummies book and don't feel anxious when i've been off line for a week. Call me oldfashioned but I still prefer the intimacy and instant feedback of a face-to-face conversation.
- keeping my eyes from wandering around the room: but believe me, i do hear every word you say! it's about the only multitasking thing i can manage.
* for guys probably: he looks like an OK guy, but did you see that blond chick on the other side of the road?
A bit more serious, though i find this a tricky question:
my smile tends to hijack my whole face; i'm generally comfortable in every situation, but will be much more talkative in duo's or threesomes then in larger groups. I will mostly be the one asking the questions, out of pure curiosity, unless you beat me to it.
* Books: I could blindly buy everything from Terry Pratchett, Gabriel G Marquez, Richard Dawkins, Noreena Hertz, JK Rowling and have been moved by Murakami, Yann Martel (Life of Pi), Barbara Kingsolver (The Poisonwood Bible), Laura Esquivel (Como agua para chocolate). My fetish book is still "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" by Robert Pirsig
* Movies: a mix of indie and quality big budget. Fight Club; The Dark Knight; Heat; A Room with a view; La meglio giuventu; C'est arrivé près de chez vous; Magnolia; Memento; Loft; Spring Summer Autumn Winter and Spring again; Internal Affairs; Crash; RumbleFish; Before the Rain, Land and Freedom, Babel.
* Shows: i don't do too much television, but was addicted to Lost, 24, the X-files and Flemish stuff as "In de Gloria"
* Music: any music that really comes from inside, with a basis in rock and a soft spot for eighties, folk and world music. dEUS, Radiohead, NIN, Tom Waits, Joy Division, Editors, ILikeTrains, Madredeus, Africando, Massive Attack, Isbells, ...
* Food: I'm not a vegetarian, but meat is not a priority. Italian, asian and tapas are among my favourites.
if a career is not all there is to life for you;
if you believe every day is there to discover something new or rediscover something familiar.
in the first place i'm here to get in touch with new, interesting people, possibly to do stuff together if there's a connection; but in the end, I'm still looking for someone to come home to.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.