2. My name is Caroline, but most people call me Carrie.
3. I was born and raised in Washington, D.C.
4. I have a one-eyed Pomeranian named Mini and a fully capable Border Collie named Dexter. I take them every where with me.
5. I love to travel. I've been to most of the states, Australia, Peru, Chile and I'm fresh off the plane from Kenya and Tanzania which changed and humbled me. But my favorite place of all is on a dock overlooking a lake in central Maine.
6. I relish tasting and hearing about new and interesting foods. I always want to know what you're having, where you had it, and if you'll ever have it again.
7. 7 is my favorite number
8. Purple is my favorite color
9. My biggest phobia is fish. I will go fishing as long as I don’t have to reel ‘em in. I’ll go swimming as long as I have a partner and I’ll even snorkel as long as I’ve had a glass of wine to settle my nerves before!
10. I think that "East of Eden" is a book that everyone should read. It changed my life.
11. I have worked with the autistic population across all ages and functioning levels for 10 years. The people I have the honor of working with everyday (students, clients and co-workers alike) are perhaps the soundest, smartest and most wonderful people in this world.
12. I’m one of 5 (I’m number 4) children and I have 11 nieces and nephews. My family is my rock. I absolutely mean it when I say that they are all people who I admire and love endlessly.
13. I think that a smile, a wink, a hug and a kiss are the best things two people can share.
14. Before getting into the human services field I bartended to make ends meet. I still do it on occasion because it’s so much fun!
15. My friends would describe me as loyal, compassionate, funny and smart. And I would say the same if not more about each and every one of them. I don’t really believe in best friends, but I believe that all my friends are the best.
16. Humor is one of the most important assets for me.
17. I love to write. Give me a pen, paper and a glass of wine and I’m good to go!
18. I could not play one note on any instrument to save my life, but I love music—outdoor music festivals, iPods playing by a bonfire, concerts with friends…you name it, I’m there!
19. I think that the smell of peppers and onions cooking together is among the greatest of smells in the world.
20. I appreciate nights out on the town as much as a quiet night in.
21. My favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption.