1. I totally stole this idea from UsWeekly. Honesty is always the best policy.
2. My name is Carrie.
3. I was born and raised in Washington, D.C.
4. I love doing and making art whether it be a collage, painting or taking a beautiful picture.
5. I have a one-eyed Pomeranian named Mini and a fully capable Border Collie named Dexter. I take them every where with me.
6. I have been to most of the US states, Chile, Mexico, Peru, Aruba, Bermuda, the majority of the islands and Australia, but still my favorite place is the end of our dock over looking the lake in Maine. I love to travel and would love to be able to do more of it with someone!
7. I relish tasting and hearing about new and interesting foods. I always want to know what you're having, where you had it, and if you'll ever have it again.
8. 7 is my favorite number
9. Purple is my favorite color
10. My master’s degree in Thanatology. That’s fancy way of saying Greif Counseling. I loved every minute of it.
11. My biggest phobia is fish. I will go fishing as long as I don’t have to reel ‘em in. I’ll go swimming as long as I have a partner and I’ll even snorkel as long as I’ve had a glass of wine to settle my nerves before!
12. I think that "East of Eden" is a book that everyone should read. It changed my life.
13. I have worked with the autistic population across all ages and functioning levels for 10 years. The people I have the honor of working with everyday (students, clients and co-workers alike) are perhaps the soundest, smartest and most wonderful people in this world. Speaking of the world and autism--I'm actually headed to Kenya in August for about a month to train Kenyan professionals on working with people with autism.
14. I’m one of 5 (I’m number 4) children and I have 10 (almost 11!!) nieces and nephews. My family is my rock. I absolutely mean it when I say that they are all people who I admire and love endlessly.
15. I love horses. I think that they're graceful, trustworthy and themost beautiful of creatures. My favorite place is on the back of a horse staring straight through their soft ears headed for a big jump.
16. I think that a smile, a wink, a hug and a kiss are the best things two people can share.
17. Before getting into the human services field I bartended to make ends meet. I still do it on occasion because it’s so much fun!
18. My friends would describe me as loyal, compassionate, funny and smart. And I would say the same if not more about each and every one of them. I don’t really believe in best friends, but I believe that all my friends are the best.
19. Humor is one of the most important assets for me.
20. I love to write. Give me a pen, paper and a glass of wine and I’m good to go!
21. I could not play one note on any instrument to save my life, but I love music—outdoor music festivals, iPods playing by a bonfire, concerts with friends…you name it, I’m there!
22. I think that the smell of peppers and onions cooking together is among the greatest of smells in the world.
23. I appreciate nights out on the town as much as a quiet night in.
24. My favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption.
25. I rowed crew all throughout college and I’m happy to say that after a short hiatus I’m headed back to do it again!