Life should be a mix of levity and honesty, with a dash of
What I’m doing with my life
Prose is a lost art. Let's go with bullet points:
* Working at a meal kit delivery start-up.
* Eating decadently.
* Singing karaoke...poorly. It didn't used to sound bad, but my voice is an instrument I failed to care for properly.
* Taking 2 big trips a year - 1 domestic and 1 foreign. So far I've had to make friends abroad, but it would be nice to bring one with me.
* Playing shuffleboard on Sundays and crushing the competition - them be fightin' words.
* Creating a font for over 2 years by shaving uppercase letters into my beard.
I’m really good at
* being myself, despite peer pressure.
* succinct expression.
The first things people usually notice about me
Depends how we meet. Realistically, most people hear me before they
see me. I have one of those booming laughs that brightens an office
and angers a late night subway car. Occasionally, my facial
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
By no means all encompassing, but enough to give you a taste of the variety:
authors - E. E. Cummings, Michael Lewis, Tim O'Brien, Stephen J. Gould
movies - Shawshank Redemption, Magnolia, When Harry Met Sally, 10 Things I Hate About You, Mean Girls, Spaceballs, The Prestige, Old Boy, Brothers Bloom
shows - Fargo, American Horror Story, The Americans, Jessica Jones, Arrested Development, Louie, Rick & Morty, Battlestar Galactica (minus the end)
anime - Hikaru No Go, Samurai 7, Fullmetal Alchemist, Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Higurashi no Nako Koro Ni
music - Pink Floyd, Paul Simon, Opeth, Carmina Burana, Beatles, Incubus, Radiohead, Florence and the Machine, Bill Whithers
food - saag paneer, thai green curry, sashimi, portwine cheddar, home fries, charoset
drinks - brunch bloody mary's, caol ila, Elmer T Lee
The six things I could never do without
I've gone without almost everything at one point or another. I'm
adaptive; I'll survive. However, there are a few things I want in a
1) intellectual curiosity - I want to discover and rediscover the
2) adventurous energy - reading is amazing, experiencing is
3) emotional honesty
4) experimental taste buds
5) smiling eyes
6) wants kids - some day, eventually
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Honesty and genuine human interaction. Fundamental laws that build
up the essence of a good society to escape moral relativism. What
color shoes should I buy next?
On a typical Friday night I am
an exercise in chaos theory, often starting with a whiskey happy
hour and seeing where the evening flows.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
Even though I'm a Luddite, I loved my Galaxy S4 (I've got an S6 now...don't get me started on the pain). Also, I think board game night sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday.
You should message me if
you work in the city and would love an excuse to traipse around
until 2am. Cool little bistros you've always wanted to try? I'm
down. Dance performance? Cool. Let's pick a direction and get lost