For now, rather than turn this profile answer into a long laundry list of abstract adjectives that can be used to describe anyone, let me give you some facts about who I am:
- Born in Mexico, and immigrated to the United States as an infant.
- Grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles, learning both English and Spanish at the same time, and went to college in sunny San Diego.
- Started my college career as an electrical engineering major, and graduated as an economics major. The Regents of the University of California loved me for enrolling in their five-year plan to allow this dramatic change in majors to happen.
- Started my professional career in non-profit legal aid, and I am currently working for the State of California in a demanding but really interesting position.
- Public service will always be a huge part of my career, no matter where my career path takes me.
- I love to travel. I also love landscape and nature photography. I enjoy doing things that bring these two loves together.
- I’m a National Park junkie.
- I jump at the chance to explore Los Angeles, and will gladly be your companion and tour guide.
- I’m a foodie, and love trying new restaurants all around town.
- I love dogs: mine is a 7-year-old Yorkshire Terrier (hypoallergenic) who weighs 7 pounds, and who thinks he owns the sidewalk every time we go for a walk. He’s a great judge of character, so you better watch it when you meet him. Haha.
I work really hard, but I also really value my time off. When I’m not working, I love exploring Los Angeles. Even though I grew up here, I still find myself discovering or re-discovering neighborhoods, places to visit, and things to experience. I enjoy hanging out at a local coffee house while catching up on current events, eating out, going barhopping, cooking (including taking cooking classes), attending Dodger games, visiting museums, hiking, shopping, or getting out of town for the weekend (I just did a long weekend to California’s Central Coast).
As I said before, I love to travel, and I go through phases in the travel destinations that I choose. Currently, I’m going through a rest and relaxation phase, where I pick destinations (and hotels) that promote escape from the busy city and work life. Before that, my travel destinations involved nature and taking photographs. At some point I will go back to international travel destinations.
- my car
- my Canon DSLR
- an Internet connection
- collection of fountain pens and other cool writing utensils
- water bottles
I actually spend a lot of time thinking about how to do my job more efficiently and move up in my career. Also, how to make myself a better person, friend, and of course, future boyfriend to someone.