If you are looking it this, it may be because I sent you a message. I don't send out that many, only a couple a month, usually, so I must have seen something special about you.
Befor you decide whether to respond, I wanted to give you a list of reasons to consider why you might not want to answer.
1. You like online dating and don't want to find anyone interested in a long term relationship.
2. You like "bad boys", and DON"T want someone who will be considerate and might well become crazy about you. You don't think sensitivity is masculine.
3. Age is important to you. You'd rather be with someone "young" or "young enough" than be happy. I could lie about my age. Many of the people I work with are surprised when they find out my age. No one who's looked at my photos has been able to answer the questions: "Which one is most recent? Which one is the oldest?"
4. You don't like guys that are intelligent and witty. My mind works a little like Robin Williams (I do not pretend that I am nearly as crazy or funny). I think a lot of crazy things and I have to be careful which ones I let out.
5. You would rather be traveling, at the beach, or anywhere but where you are. I would like to travel to Europe, but not because I want to get away. I've lived near the beach and the mountains. Both were cool, but I like it here in Kansas, so that's where I live.
6. You don't like guys who are literate and can express themselves verbally. I write, have had a blog. I've been known to write a poem, or two, I know the difference between an adjective and an adverb. That just can't be cool.
7. You don't like guys who are intelligent. I work in technology with people half my age and I do much more than just keep up. Half of the guys who contact you are below average....perhaps more, if that is your type, and rocket scientists aren't... (actually a story there which I only tell in person)
8. You don't like sex. I'm not going to try and get in your pants on the first date. That doesn't mean I don't find you desirable, it means I respect you. When you want it, you can be sure I will.
9. You think you are too old, young, tall, short, skinny, fat... Although I like women with fair complexions and long hair, my list of "requirements" is pretty simple: kind, passionate, hopeful, tolerant, open-minded, serious, fun loving, eager to learn, happy to teach, and, in general, doing the best they can each day.
10. You're a city girl through and through. I am not the guy for you. I have a nice home in the country. I'm thinking it is probably the last one for me. It is not a farm, though I'd love to get a tractor. Although I worked in the space program (no, I'm not kidding), I like to watch hummingbirds at the feeder and hear the birds singing in the woods nearby. I commute to Lenexa because I think the lifestyle is worth the commute.
11. You want a "Christian" man. You're deeply religious and you're religion is the only one that is "right". Wow, if so, please leave me alone. I am tolerant, consistent, moral, and respect anyone who respects me. I think you are the problem, not the solution.
I am neither arrogant, nor insecure; I am literate, easy going, honest, and stable. I make a good living and look pretty much like my pictures. Living outside the city may not be for everyone, but are there really that many eligible single guys out there preferable to me?
If I've missed you and what I've written seems interesting, give me a hint!
Although the idea of traveling more appeals to me, I like where I am and the thought of living a life where I "need to get away" is not for me. I see a lot of profiles were "I get away to XXX whenever I can". Thank you, but no thanks. Most things in my life are going pretty well, there is really only one thing missing.
I see the same faces on here, does this online thing work at all? I've met some nice people, but still looking for someone who will help paddle the same direction I'm headed. Of course it's possible that the direction they're going is one I'll want to go.
Have I passed on someone I should have contacted? Have you?
I am a tolerant and open-minded person. I've worked hard (I'm in the technology field), and am lucky to enjoy what I do. I'd rather be out hiking trails than sweating in a gym. I'd rather be looking at the stars than sitting in a club with pounding loud music, or enjoying an evening at the dinner theater rather than freezing at a football game (unless it's a child/grandchild, that is).
I'm easygoing, not controlling. That doesn't mean I don't know what I want, it does mean that I can compromise.
I used to coach my sons' teams and I much prefer watching kids and grandkids play than watching the professionals.
Who are you? I have no idea and that is what makes it fun. I know things I'm attracted to: a full figure, longish hair, light complexions, mischievous smiles, but life is not that simple. Mischievous smiles are the only requirement. :-)
You might have a Ph.D. or stopped after high school. If you're interested in things, caring, honest, tolerant, and open-minded, that is what is important, at least to me.
You might enjoy feeding goats (no, I don't have any), or playing the violin, or maybe even both. You might want to travel to Europe or backpack and spend the night in a tent. Or both, or maybe even both at the same time.
Whichever, whatever, I'm with you.