Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
a day in the life of an artist
it felt like i lost a litre of water and 2 inches off my waist line
in practice tonight.
I fluctuate between thinking this site is great and thinking how
ridiculous it is. But I've come to the conclusion that being here
will allow me to meet people I would not other wise meet (same old
speech given by countless others, I'm sure!).
So here I am again seeing what is out there.
In addition, I'm not an a-list member so if you're going to rate
me, I wouldn't be able to see who did it, so please just send me a
A few realizations about me (and what I'm looking for in a
• I'm an artist. I paint. That's what I do. When I'm preparing for
a show, I need time to myself to paint. In the past, this was a big
issue for the person in my life and they couldn't understand this
and our relationship ended in part to this (a self realization or
just full disclosure?).
• material wealth or accumulation of stuff turns me off.
• I'm more homebody than party goer, but I do enjoy the occasional
• having separate interests is important
• Being active is important. I do aikido year round but I'm looking
forward to another season of cross country skiing soon.
• a girlie girl, please just move on.
• I prefer meeting sooner than later.
• I'm a night owl.
• I'll add to this when I think of more stuff but these are the
important things that come to mind at the moment.
• my details say I have cats. There was no option for just one cat,
which I have. A beautiful calico named, "Kimchi".
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
I decided 5 years ago to leave the rat race and pursue my art. It's
been an exciting challenge and circuitous route up to this point
but I wouldn't give it up for anything.
With the exit from the rat race, it's meant I had to pare down my
lifestyle. I am self sufficient and I live within my means. I know
I can eventually support myself from my art. With that said, I am a
picture framer during the day and paint in the night.
See that light in the window on Bloor W. at 2am? That's me.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
My Art. Aikido (I hope...depends on who you speak to). Cooking.
People watching. Traveling.
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
Well if I'm walking with you, I'm as fast walker.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
books: House, Tracy Kidder. The Belgariad, David Eddings. A Walk in
the Woods, Bill Bryson.
Movies: Paper Chase. Tampopo. Helvetica.
Music: Depends on what I'm doing. Lately, I've been listening to a
lot of choral music while I paint. Temper Trap is another groupI've
stumbled upon and like a lot.
Favourite food: Anything deep fried. Guilty pleasure: spam.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
1. my art.
3. my sketchbook
4. walking to everything.
5. naps.... can't say enough about a good nap.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
1. my art/ what will i paint.
2. Am I turning into my dad?
3. real life worries related to my art.
4. What I'm going to eat for my next meal (while I'm eating my
5. Bees. I'd like to own a few bee hives before my ticket is
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
If my profile has piqued your interest.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.