And a rough sketch of who I'm looking for: An intelligent girl with an easy laugh to read me the New Yorker in bed. Someone who will tell me when I'm being a fool, but who knows that most of the time it's on purpose. A patient woman who doesn't mistake other people's issues for her own, or vice-versa. Someone full of ideas and ideals. A woman who knows how to have fun, but understands when it's time to be serious. And who will nudge me under the table when that time comes.
P.S. If you'd like to get in touch, I invite you to address some or all of the following personality quiz. I think these are probably about as relevant as OKC's questions...
1. If you could be any cartoon character for a day, you would be ______.
2. Would you rather have the power to fly or turn invisible? (This is from an awesome piece on NPR. And, no pressure, but there is a right answer.)
3. Goofy doctors with salt-and-pepper buzzcuts are totally sexy because ______.
4. You are stranded on a desert island. (Sorry about that. It'll be over in a sec.) What would you rather have with you: iPod or Kindle. Yes, yes, you have solar charging for whichever your choose.
5. The last 3 things that made you laugh, smile or blush.
Extra credit: Tell me your favorite joke. I'm a sucker for a girl with good comic timing...