I recently moved to Martha's Vineyard after returning to New England from New Orleans where I was playing music and embracing the spirit of that incredible city!!! I'm originally from Western Mass, wanted to move back to New England, and love feeling the four distinct seasons as they keep me tuned in to time passing and constant change.
I own and operate my own small business, and wouldn't have it any other way! I love the challenges and the flexibility.
What makes me tick:
* Music - making music with others; I'm a guitarist/singer-songwriter, and also play Tabla from India, the Bansuri and Saluang (flutes from India and Sumatra) ; writing music and lyrics; singin' out loud in the sunshine.
* Hangin' with my dog, Babu - a mellow chocolate lab, a hell of a swimmer and a total squirrel hound!!!
* The great outdoors! - surfing, swimming, hiking, running, roller-blading, baseball, basketball, camping, biking, skiing, kayaking, and pond ice skating and hiking with my pooch.
* Travel, especially in "developing" countries where if wealth were measured by the number of smiles a person has in their lifetime vs. the amount of rupees they own, they'd be considered much wealthier than we are here in the U.S.
* Maintaining that travel state-of-mind when all is a fresh, awe-filled experience.
* Striking up random conversations with strangers and connecting.
* Staying up late into the quietness of the early morning hours with an inspiring book or my guitar.