Find better matches with our advanced
36 • New York, NY • Woman
I’m looking for
- Ages 23–50
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, short-term dating
- Last online
- Online now!
- 5′ 4″ (1.63m)
- Body type
- Taurus, and it’s fun to think about
- Graduated from law school
- Open relationship
- Strictly non-monogamous
- Likes dogs
- English, Chinese (Okay)
I've been told this summary doesn't properly reveal this alleged edge that I have. I will contemplate how to rectify.
A friend of mine wrote this about me:
Tonight, I finished reading “The Sun Also Rises” and realized that you remind me of one of the book’s main characters, Lady Brett Ashley. Why, you ask, would I compare you to a heroine from a Hemingway novel? Because at age 34 she runs off with a 19 year old bullfighter, leaves said bullfighter when he proposes marriage, and says the following at a bar to a friend when attempting to summarize her feelings: ”Barmen and jockeys are the only people who are polite any more.”
I'm not a huge Hemingway fan - I believe he was perhaps unkind and likely a misogynist. Also, I don't know a lot of jockeys. However, he's right about the bartenders.
Strangely a lot more discriminating when it comes to books than movies: Howards End, The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea, Poisonwood Bible, Cloud Atlas, Jane Eyre, Northanger Abbey, Bleak House, Wuthering Heights, Dulce et Decorum Est, T.S., Harry Potter, Much Ado About Nothing, Emily Dickinson, Faulkner, Catch-22, Calvin and Hobbes, The Great Gatsby, Hamlet, Hardy, Yeats.
Neil Gaiman. Anytime. Anywhere.
Her smile during the chorus is painfully charming.
A gift to you - read it and tell me what you think - I don't normally like sci fi, but this was emotionally complicated and interesting.
(Extreme acts of violence and sex - if those are triggers, avoid)
2. Dining - good food, good alcohol, good coffee.
3. My phone - can't judge me on this one. I may believe deep down inside that I'm more intelligent and attractive because of my phone. This may or may not be reasonable.
4. Beauty - be it someone amazing on the dance floor, that perfect song, that moment in that movie, a show, the opera, the print/painting/photograph that speaks to you in that gallery, that poem, the curve of that building (or her or his hips), that one line you have to re-read in that book. I need that. Often.
5. Challenge - when running, when working, when going out.
6. Numbering lists for no apparent reason.
Seneca Falls, Selma, and Stonewall.
Whether you are on fetlife. And, related, why my job doesn't have a safe word.
You are a couple. Or you aren't.
Disclaimer: although I'm not necessarily looking for monogamy, please do not message me if you are looking to cheat on your significant other.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.