By day I'm a professional lawyerly-type lady. By night I'm a sex-positive feminist, appreciator of brown liquors made from fermented grains, and amateur beagle-wrangler. I'm on a quest to find the ideal red wine with the best cheapness to deliciousness ratio, and I get as much joy from attending the opera as from hearing a really well-crafted nerdy or dirty pun.
I'm happily in an open marriage with a man (cj10121012) who doesn't mind if I date other women, so I'm looking to have fun with a like-minded lady who is okay with me being in an open relationship.
I run and lift weights so that I can drink wine and eat Whataburger and play Civilization on my PC guilt and consequence-free (well, not entirely. Just as importantly, as it says on my favorite tank top, "I lift weights to be strong enough to carry orcas out of Sea World.").
- Kicking ass at trivia. You probably didn't realize you're reading the profile of the number one person at opera trivia in Texas on QuizUp. No autographs, please.
- Buying more books than I can ever read
- Thrift store treasure hunting
- Finding the perfect GIF to respond to any situation
- Trinity (Leon Uris)
- The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald)
- A Thousand Splendid Suns (Hosseini)
- Jane Eyre (Bronte)
- Pillars of the Earth (Follett)
- His Dark Materials (Pullman)
- The Little Prince (St-Exupery)
- the Outlander series (Gabaldon)
- Harry Potter (Rowling)
- Amadeus, my all-time favorite
- Cinema Paradiso
- La Vie en Rose
- A Very Long Engagement
- Moulin Rouge
- Love Actually, my guiltiest of pleasures
- Arrested Development
- Breaking Bad
- House of Cards
- Mad Men
- Game of Thrones
- Downton Abbey
- The Sopranos
- The West Wing
- Parks and Rec
- 30 Rock
- True Detective
- The Wire (which I'm in the middle of watching for the first time - late to the party, I know!)
Music - a wide variety. I love classical music, especially opera, but my iPod has everything from Willie Nelson to Jay-Z to Mumford and Sons to Edith Piaf to Broadway musicals and more.
Food - I'm Italian-American and have very high standards for Italian food. Otherwise I like most cuisines I've tried, but I find sandwiches to be the most overrated of foods. My go-to restaurants in Houston are Beaver's, 100% Taquito, Khun Kay, Cafe TH, Les Givral's, Melange Creperie (when it's open, otherwise Sweet Paris Creperie in Rice Village), and Cafe Pita+.
My extensive and highly curated collection of GIFs
YOU ARE NOT A MAN.
You'd be my date to the opera (I have season tickets!).
You want to meet a beagle in a lobster costume.
You have opinions about wine, bourbon, Harry Potter, the Golden Age of Television, or what the greatest GIF on the entire Internet is.
YOU ARE NOT A MAN OR A COUPLE LOOKING FOR A THIRD. NO EXCEPTIONS.