1. I want to stay local most of the time, with sporadic day trips. I love AZ and the US, and don't feel the need to go traveling all over the world to experience things that I can learn about through meeting people or watching documentaries. Maybe I'll be more inclined to travel when I've paid off my school loans in two more years.
2. I want to find someone who likes to go out or stay in to watch movies. I love movies and talking about them. Growing up, my family had issues that I escaped a lot by going to the movies. I don't have 3,000 DVDs or anything like that, as I don't like owning the movies, just watching them.
3. I like eating, but don't need to eat all fancy all the time. I enjoy all kinds of food on the weekends, but for the sake of not growing wider as i age, I eat a mostly vegetarian diet during the week. Trader Joe's salads and veggie burgers have saved my life! I believe in balancing healthy with junk, but lots of people seem to be extremists.
4. I don't usually read for pleasure. But when I do, it usually has an existential flavor to it. The last book I read was "Buddha In Redface". The one before was "The Art of Happiness". When I do read, it tends to be things related to psychology so that I can do my job better or improve my life.
5. I don't like cats. I'm allergic to them, and dislike that they are allowed to run around to be obnoxious, while dogs are not. I hate double standards.
6. I have something against people who give up on themselves, don't finish what they start, and make excuses for continuing to do things that they know are not good for them. This includes drug addicts, alcoholics, and the obese to morbidly obese. If you've given up on taking care of yourself, then why the hell should I want to date you? I don't want to babysit you, so go find some other victim to commiserate with. At 5'7", 145 lbs, I'm looking for someone who is also fit. So please weigh less if you are shorter.
7. I like learning all the time. I am smart, but don't bust out the knowledge unless it's useful, like at a trivia game. I like knowing how stuff works and is made, but I don't feel the need to go and build it or anything. I've just got a curious mind.
8. I don't have many hobbies, besides taking care of my dog, walking and working out, watching TV, going to movies, and socializing with my friends.
So, that is how I roll. If you, too, are seeking the safety, warmth, and security of a stable and peaceful existence that is free of drama and chaos, then please feel free to write me.