Help your potential matches find common interests.
I started off as a reader with a lot of promise but have only
around 10 or so books to show for it. That's the problem when you
don't love madly any one particular thing.
I'm listing the books I've read here just to goad me into reading
1) Oliver Twist (Such a beautiful story)
2) Black Beauty (Brought a tear to the eye multiple times)
3) Sherlock Holmes series (Can't have enough of the
4) The Alchemist (picked up purely because of the hype and no, it
didn't live up to it)
5) The Princess (all I remember is that it was a personal account
of a Saudi girl during her growing up years)
6) Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code (masala
7) World's Biggest Brand Failures (Management student or not, this
is an excellent read)
8) Secession-ism In India (mega-yawn affair)
9) Orange is the New Black (picked this up after watching the 1st
season of the TV series and it was quite enjoyable)
10) The Godfather (finally read this one and boy oh boy!!)
I know that's only 8 but I bet I've read more. Will add them here
as and when I remember. Have been guilty of starting too many books
before leaving them midway. Oh I so wish I had read enough to be
unable to mention them in this space!
As for movies, I'm pretty much up for anything and have a better
record with them compared to books. There are way too many
favorites to list but for the sheer thrill factor it carried when I
watched it first, I have to say it's "Terminator 2: The Judgement
Haven't been so enamored by TV shows since the days of some
fantastic ones on 90s Indian telly. English TV networks have some
fine aces up their sleeves, which has meant that TV shows take
precedence over movies now (the shorter length helps greatly). So
much so, that I'm noting down all TV series with rave reviews that
I come across and plan to watch (the count breached the 30 mark
some time ago).
Anyway, here are some favorites.
Breaking Bad, Homeland (S01 only), Spartacus, Rome, F.R.I.E.N.D.S.,
Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The
X-Files, House M.D., Sherlock, Whose Line Is It Anyways and most
Coming to music, like some from a wide variety genres except
hard/heavy/death metal rock. Blame it on my lack of understanding
or enthusiasm for the same, but I do want to know more about that
genre in the hope that may be I'll see/hear/experience what I was
oblivious to before.
Being brought up in a multilingual home has meant music tastes span
across three languages and even more decades!
Although I'm a foodie, I haven't experimented much when it comes to
the different cuisines out there! So yeah, I'm a rank novice when
it comes to that!