1. I am often appalled, but not surprised, that many people hold nothing sacred.
2. I wish common sense were far more common.
3. I share the thought with Pablo Casals that” Music is not just sound. Maybe music will save the world...”
4. If offered a seat on a space craft I would not hesitate.
5. I am a big fan of Love in all its permutations.
6. I can spend money faster than anyone… and I prefer to spend money on other people rather than on myself.
7. My only true regret in life is never having properly learned to type.
8. I don’t think I have ever met an “adult.”
9. I think “manners' matter – Social responsibility in conversation. holding doors, standing when women leave and arrive at a table (even if its the “half-baked “ rise out of the seat…), and not holding your fork like a barbarian. Nothing is more attractive to me than intelligent social grace.
10. I keep a small jar of loose diamonds in my desk.
11. Given the choice between the week’s groceries and an inspired painting – I would probably opt for the painting.
12. Evocative, sophisticated, understated fragrance is sexier than most things I can think of.
13. Nothing beats the feel of a fat plane ticket … I am addicted to travel. I have flown to Venice for a long weekend and have spent it entirely in bed, with the windows open, reading.
14. I love veal.
15. I am fascinated by cats… any cat.
16. Once I make a friend it is for life… we may not speak for years, may not visit often, but when we cross paths again you can count on me being ready to hit the ground running.
17. I am afraid of nothing – “…never confuse courage with wisdom..,” as the Wizard told the Lion. Being in the presence of directionless anger or rage however, can get me completely unhinged.
18. I once viewed 5 movies in one day… in theaters.
19. Dishwashers, garbage disposals and fireplaces… Once I had a whiff of them, well…I can now never turn back.
20. My favorite birthday present to date was when a friend brought his clarinet to my house and played the Debussy Clarinet Concerto for me while I was in the tub.
21. Sleep is truly, truly fabulous. Good, epic dreams and fine bed linens a close second.
22. In this life, I have to say the wind is one of my very favorite things.
23. I am addicted to beautiful stemware.
24. I am never far from the well of tears. I could put Meryl Streep to shame.
25. My family is pretty damn fantastic… quirky, but fantastic.