I work in journalism/social media but I still send postcards, and letters (I'm sending at least one a week in 2016).
Things that pique my interest (well more than 8):
• Journalism and the news (it's my job and I love it)
• Books (and figuring out if they're going to be around... short answer yes, but...)
• A nerdy sports fan... so more into wacky stories and history of sports than stats.
• Podcasts (Radiolab, 99% Invisible, This American Life, Song Exploder)
• Food and stories about food. I cook fairly often and I like to feed my friends...
• Sometimes a snappy dresser, decent cook and knows how to iron his own shirts.
• Indie music
• Booze (Craft Beer and well-mixed cocktails... although I'm comfortable bending elbows at a dive bar drinking a beer and/or having a pickleback)
• Running (clears my head. Finished my first marathon)
Balancing my love of craft beer and food with running... And games of softball (or floor hockey)
Saying hi to dogs I meet on the street.
I LOVE PODCASTS: This American Life, Radiolab, 99% Invisible, Planet Money and The Memory Palace (also On The Media).
Films/TV: Need to stay more current... but a lot of the usual nerd things. Game of Thrones, the West Wing, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Star Trek like any self-respecting nerd.
Music: Wilco, Fleet Foxes, the magnetic fields, Bon Iver, Okkervil River, songs written at the brill building, the Weakerthans, Broken Social Scene, the new pornographers, Neko Case, alt country, some folk.... And in another life I listened to a fair amount of Classical music and opera.
Food: Never met a noodle he didn't like.
How I could move to NYC permanently, or back to Australia for a year without going bankrupt.