Despite having learned that you probably (OK certainly) won't be
able to tell if there's a spark before you meet someone, here's a
list i'm starting to compile of little things that might just
indicate a greater potential for sparkiness (and some of these are
silly). And i should add that I'm not expecting you to be a perfect
match 'on paper', but if you read these and thing "I'm *nothing*
like that" then we're probably not a good match:
- Do you prefer sporty sunglasses or those oversized girly fashion
glasses? Might just be an indication of what you like to do with
your sunglasses on.
- Would going to a home depot be an enjoyable or traumatic
experience for you?
- Are you comfortable not wearing make up?
- Do you like, i mean really like, kissing your partner?
- Do you regard your car as more than an appliance? i.e. do you
appreciate the feeling of driving a nice car (and nice could be a
VW by the way)?
- Do you regard weather as an impediment to outdoor activities? You
shouldn't if you're with me.
- What, if anything, do the letters MEC mean to you?
- Could you spend 3 hours at a country auction waiting to buy that
one thing that caught your eye?
- Do you feel that a club sandwich should be made with *real* roast
turkey (ie the stuff that's left over after thanksgiving rather
than the stuff you can buy at the deli counter) and not have cheese
- Do you consider yourself to be smart? Doesn't matter how many (or
any) degrees you have after your name, but would you feel
intellectually intimidated at an event where a good number of the
people were say, lawyers, doctors, university profs, etc.
- And as for how you look (a dangerous topic i know), do you
consider yourself to be fairly fit and trim? I'm not looking for an
anorexic super model type. And i'm not looking for a body builder.
But the terms "thin" "athletic" and "average" don't seem to have
any really objective standards around them. So if let's just say if
you've got a healthy BMI then we're probably in the right ballpark.
And i know that I have to fit into your ballpark too, so i can tell
you that i do have a healthy BMI and I'm 5'11" and 170 lbs, +/- 5
lbs (depending on how much outdoor exercise i'm managing to fit
- Snow sports. The one thing i can't imagine giving up for my
partner (besides my dog) is my love of skiing. So you should either
ski or snowboard, have an interest in learning to ski or board, or
have no qualms about being a 'powder widow' for 3-4 months of the
year. But i'd much rather share my love of the snow with you than
simply have your tolerate it.
- is the phrase "great greasy spoon" an oxymoron?
- And finally, tell me what are the ingredients in a martini.
And one last thing. I get quite a few emails on this site (I assume
you do to). So if you don't hear back from me after a first email,
or even if we've been 'chatting' for a while and then i seemingly
disappear into the cyber-void, please don't hesitate to send me a
message to give me a little nudge to get communications going
again. Like you, i've got a busy life beyond online dating and
sometimes things just get lost in the ether.