1. I’ll always do my best to brighten up your day.
2. I’m a hopeful romantic.
3. Your friends will think I’m cute.
4. I’ll be your best friend, but I won’t resent your old friends (including your guy friends).
5. You’ll always get to lick the spatula.
6. I'll love your cat (or ferret).
7. My two new adorable Collie puppies need a "mom."
8. I'll cover you up and kiss your forehead when you fall asleep watching TV on.
9. I own my own tux and look sharp in it (so I’ve been told), but I’m much more comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt.
10. I'll kiss you goodnight even when I'm mad at you.
11. I'll make you laugh all the time.
12. I have great taste in music.
13. If you start hanging out with me, you will wind up going to more concerts than you could ever have imagined.
14. Your mom will like me.
15. I will support your job and career goals.
16. I’m a great listener.
17. I give good advice.
18. Hopefully you’ll never need it, but I give good legal advice, and you would get it at a steep discount. ;-)
19. I will brag about you and your accomplishments.
20. I will reflect well on you; you will reflect well on me; and we will reflect well on each other.
21. People seem to think I’m smart.
22. I’m good at solving problems.
23. It’s been a while since I was in school, but my education has never ended.
24. I’m naturally inquisitive.
25. I’m passionate about most things in life, including my career.
26. I’m good at trivia, particularly music trivia.
27. I have two fast cars that are fun to drive, and I’ll be OK with letting you drive them (just not on the first date).
28. I'll send you cute text messages and e-mails during the work week, just to let you know that I’m thinking about you.
29. There won’t be anything we can’t tell each other.
30. I am a total geek.
31. I’ll love to hold your hand in public (and in private too).
32. I’m seeking a committed, exclusive relationship, but I know that won’t happen overnight
33. I love to travel, but it’s been years since I had someone whom I enjoyed traveling with
34. I have a demanding career and I tend to work long hours, but I will make time to be with you and to do things together that are important to you.
35. I'm good at killing spiders, even when they’re as big as a Buick (props to Woody Allen)
36. I know and can explain the proper usage of “there,” “they're” and “their,” as well as “to,” “too” and “two,” not to mention “affect” and “effect”
37. I’ll pique your interest, and can spell “pique” correctly
38. I'll bring you chicken noodle soup and offer to rub your feet when you're sick
39. I’ll hold your hair back while you're throwing up
40. I genuinely like many chick flicks, and won’t make a big deal about watching them with you
41. I’ll vote for your favorite contestant on “American Idol”
42. We can watch cheesy reality shows together and laugh at each other’s catty remarks
43. I don't smoke or do drugs
44. I drink socially, and I’ve only been drunk once – back in college when I got dumped in a particularly painful and public way
45. Because I’m such a total geek, I wrote a story about the experience for my creative writing class – got an A on it too! I’m sure I’d be mortified if I had to read it now, but that’s me, transforming my pain into art (Well, kinda, sorta, you know what I mean)
46. I'll let you beat me at foosball, air hockey and ping pong (sometimes)
47. You’ll want to challenge me to a game of strip poker, just so you can deliberately lose (I call that a win-win situation)
48. I'll have your back
49. I'll get butterflies every time you look at me
50. I won't ever forget your birthday or any of our anniversaries (first date, first kiss, etc.)
51. I'll always give you space to do your own things
52. I love great conversation, including conversations that somehow start and the next thing you know it’s 6 in the morning
53. My kisses will leave you breathless
54. I'll laugh at all of your jokes, my love you’ll never need to coax (props to Rod Stewart)
55. I won't ever let you leave without kissing you good bye
56. I'll help you find your car keys, cell phone, purse, whatever else you’ve managed to misplace
57. I can quote all the best lines from “This is Spinal Tap”
58. I think “Casablanca” is the most romantic movie ever made, but, as a dark horse pick, I have a weakness for Michael Mann’s “Last of the Mohicans”
59. "Bull Durham" too, and, yes, I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days - and, of course, "Say Anything," for you I could be Lloyd Dobler (John Cusack) holding up a giant boombox ;-)
60. Most romantic song ever? That seems much more difficult, but I think it would be hard to go wrong with “God Only Knows,” "In Your Eyes" (see the preceding reason), or, as a dark horse pick, I’m partial to “My Funny Valentine” (particularly the Elvis Costello version) - maybe if I had a drink or two or three, I might be persuaded to sing it to you on Feb. 14th ;-)
61. I’m a gentleman - unless the situation calls for otherwise
62. It will get better every time, every time
63. If you fall I will catch you, I will be waiting, time after time (props to Cyndi Lauper)
64. I like it when you rub my shoulder
65. I’ll let you have the remote (small print - on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. only)
66. I can be reasoned with (most of the time)
67. I’ll know when not to argue with you (most of the time)
68. I don't litter and I recycle
69. I believe in helping the less fortunate
70. I'll always think you look good in a bathing suit (and I'll think you look even better out of it)
71. I say what I mean and mean what I say
72. On Sunday mornings, I’ll go out and get fresh bagels and cream cheese
73. I won't be upset that you hung a pair of pantyhose on the shower rod
74. With me, you’ll always know how special you are
75. I'm good at sneaking food into the movies
76. I know the best on-street parking spaces for concerts at Chastain, the Tabernacle, Philips, Smith's Olde Bar, Edde's Attic and the Variety Playhouse
77. I’m generally good about putting the cap back on the toothpaste and squeezing the tube from the bottom
78. When I put my arm around you, your body will fit right into mine
79. You won't be able to get me out of your head
80. Every time you go away you take a piece of me with you (props to Hall & Oates and Paul Young)
81. I’m happy to let you drive (except if it’s one of my cars on the first date)
82. I like sports, but I'm not obsessed with them (except when the Patriots are in the Super Bowl or the Red Sox are in the World Series)
83. I'm youthful, playful and exuberant
84. I’m great to cuddle with
85. I’m strong enough to be your man (props to Sheryl Crow)
86. Everyone will say what an adorable couple we are
87. I’m sweet and funny, kinda like this profile ;-)
88. I promise to keep you amused and entertained
89. I’m not perfect - not at all - but you’ll find my imperfections endearing (most of the time)
90. I spent hours writing and revising my profile just so that we would be sure to find each other