(a) (1) What I'm Reading:
Game of Thrones series.
(2) What I'll Read Over and Over Again: Hitchhiker's
Guide to the Galaxy
by Douglas Adams, The Hobbit
, Koko's Kitten
Patterson, Harry-freaking-Potter, The Sandman
series by Neil Gaiman
(3) On my To-Read List:
Fucking case books.
(4) I used to have more time for blogs and webcomics, but here
are some of my all-time favorites:
- June 17th, 2005
- June 27th, 2003
- Philippe's Inner Machinations
, Achewood - The Miniature Golf Hole (HUUUGS!)
, xkcd - Bored with the
, Perry Bible Fellowship - Lord Gloom
, McSweeney's - Winnie-the-Pooh is my Co-worker
McSweeney's - Things Koala Bears Would Say
McSweeney's - Pick-up Lines Used by
(b) Some of my favorite moments in movies:
- The part with Ben Stiller and Gene Hackman at the end of Royal
Tenenbaums when Ben Stiller says, "I've had a rough year, dad" and
Gene Hackman says, "I know you have, Chassie."
- Wallace Shawn: "No more rhyming! I mean it!" Andre the Giant:
"Anybody want a peanut?" in Princess Bride. It makes me laugh every
- This whole scene in House of Yes
- The scene with Miss Piggy and Joan Rivers in Muppets Take
- The opening scene of Happiness with Jon Lovitz and Jane
- "Gogo maybe young, but what she lacks in age she makes up for in
madness" in Kill Bill.
- The blanket party in Full Metal Jacket. I have no idea why.
The absolute best movie I've seen in recent memory was Beasts of
the Southern Wild. Go see it!!
(c) Some of my favorite parts of certain songs:
- The horn section in Working My Way Back to You by the Four
- the handclaps
in Space Oddity by David Bowie,
- the cello and electro-theremin at the end of Good Vibrations by
the Beach Boys,
- the drums in a certain recording of Happy Jack by The Who,
- the breathing part in the beginning of Posed to Death by The
- Jeff Mangum's voice kicking in in I Have Been Floated by Olivia
I don't really listen to music any more. Law school and NPR ruined
me and now there's nothing more soothing than the droning of
someone's voice telling me about things.
sounds like what love feels like.
(d) Favorite Foods:
Greek yogurt, hummus, black bean soup,
sushi, graham crackers, nutella, grapefruit, licorice, Poland
Spring Lime Sparkling Water, Ting Ting Jehe Chewy Ginger Candy. I
eat other things, but those are the things that I enjoy eating.
That's a food that I like saying.
I just recently had a literal ice cream sandwich (pistachio ice
cream between two slices of bread). It was really good.
(e) I'm bad at watching TV. Shows I'm good at watching are (or have
been) Lost, Gilmore Girls, Mad Men, Gossip Girl, Breaking Bad, True
Blood, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Boy Meets World.
Right now I'm catching up on Dexter and I think I'm really getting
into Community. I also genuinely enjoy Jersey Shore, I'm very
sorry. I like to read TV show recaps immediately after viewing
(Jersey Shore included).