Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Hi my name is Ben, and I'm a recovering Gamer...
Alrighty, the tricky part is over, onto the fun stuff.
I'm 6"1', ISTP, so I'm pretty much into everything. Currently
hovering between Movies, Music, Games, Pubs, Cafés, Photography,
Cooking and long walks practically anywhere (FitBit ftw).
I love world history, planning to experience some travel. In the
I'll try doing almost anything once, looking for fun with a new
friend or long term relationship.
I have a dry sense of humour that occasionally delves into
absurdism (way too much Terry Pratchett for one lifetime).
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
I'm enjoying life and offering it my dubious wit to improve the
lives of those around me.
I work full time, and I'm one of the few people lucky enough to be
doing something they love turning up to work for (Mondays still
suck). As long as I'm making a difference, I'm happy.
I am planning my tour of Europe tasting and seeing the finest that
they have to offer. Got any tips? :-P
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
Enjoying the little things!
Finding something new and exciting
Chilling with friends and making people laugh.
Tinkering with computers
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
The hair, I have lots of it on my head, and it changes its
appearance throughout the day
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
It's really hard to pick a favourite one, and I keep being
introduced to new films to watch
- Lord of the Rings (duh!)
- The Big Lebowski (not the best one for drinking games)
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Spaghetti Westerns rule)
- The Avengers (jokes and action, what's not to like?)
- King of Kong (take an incredibly boring topic, and turn it into
one of the best dramas ever!)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (this sci-fi film has
tricked me into watching a romantic flick)
- Her (ditto)
I'm not the biggest fan of horror (I always see the strings), as I
have a horrible habit of correctly guessing the plot early
Plenty of new and old classics, not limited to: The Arcade Fire,
The Decemberists, Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin, Otis Redding,
Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Wolf Parade and many more.
I'm on a pilgrimage to get through Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest
Albums, so I keep on finding stuff I love.
If it can change my opinion of characters/actors without me
expecting it, then I'm generally hooked (firing writers doesn't
- Sherlock (wasn't expecting much, got hooked immediately)
- Game of Thrones (the only thing worse than characters I like
being killed off, is finding more characters to like)
- Fargo (really dark, yet dry humour, and solid acting)
- BSG (a show where your opinions of characters change every two
- Silicon Valley (the humour hits way too close to home)
- Flight of the Conchords (singing that's actually funny)
I love books that make my laugh, I prefer those that draw me in
with epic story lines and characters the author tries to make me
- The Discworld Series (or anything by Terry Pratchett)
- Lord of the Rings (Who doesn't like that one?)
- Jeremy Clarkson's Reviews (Outrageously Funny)
- Musashi (an epic tale of a wandering Samurai, who ended up
- Way too many News and Tech Articles.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
Good Friends and Family
Gourmet hipster food
Variety in my life
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
With friends in a small hipster bar in North Melbourne, or arguing
over which bar to actually go to
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
That I have a OK Cupid account!
Maybe more if I get to know you...
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
You know some fun places in Europe!
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.