Things about me (or, what began as a short list and keep trying to trim down because it's *way* TMI):
* I have a good sense of humor and tend to employ it in most situations. I can be serious, but the alternative is so much more fun.
* I'm both reserved and chatty. Go figure. I don't know how to explain it. And I tend to say what I'm thinking, whether it's wise to or not.
* I don't like arguing or confrontation. I like to keep things light, smooth, and have everyone get along.
* I'm very self-sufficient and happy with my own company. I am single because while I WANT a man in my life, I don't NEED a man in my life. I value time alone and can always find ways to fill up my free time.
* I'm somewhere between an optimist and a realist. In my heart, I always feel that things are going to turn out right. In my head, I know I ought to know better.
* I have a graduate degree and work in book publishing, so hard to imagine we're not a match if you don't enjoy reading. Bonus points, though, if fellow comic book fan.
* I don't like crowds or being amid lots of people I don't know. But when I have to, I can get out there and work a room.
* Politically, in my gut I'm libertarian, but I'm experienced enough in life to know the hellish dystopia we'd have without a social safety net.
* Not big on technology. I have a beautiful library of books I've built over 20 years, and they will never be replaced by an e-reader. Also a "slow news" guy: I'd rather read a thoughtful, comprehensive piece about an event the next day in the New York Times than get constant tweets about it as it happens.