I'm passionate about a lot of things, especially those relating to having a world that really works. My opinions are strong, but I fall on the side of generally hopeful about the future and idealistic about what's possible.
I LOVE this stuff:
- Food. Growing it, cooking it, eating it, sharing it
- The mountains, road trips, traveling to new places and public transportation.
- Bees, the wicked squirrels in my backyard and my dog
- Beer. Bicycles. Really good cocktails and bowling.
- Public Radio. I'm a sucker for people sharing stories about what inspires them and what they consider beautiful and divine
- Entertaining Television & Movies. (see above about story-telling)
- Babies. I'm a doula and childbirth educator (in my "spare time") and plan to be a midwife someday.
I know a lot about myself, what I want and how I want to live in the world. The learning isn't ever over, and I feel a-okay about the exploration life has to give.
Why I'm here: I work really hard at something I've spent the past six years building, so I look for playful-but-meaningful social time to balance that out. I really enjoy getting to know people and I'm much happier enjoying solid time with someone I can relax around than I am pursuing an intense social life. (I'm coming to terms with my introversion). This time can include everything from: making dinner and watching Breaking Bad or The Office; taking my awesome dog for a hike; spontaneous road trips to Santa Fe or the Western Slope; marathon games of Mario Kart; hanging out and drinking yummy beers at the Cheeky Monk; or board game night with half a dozen fun people, all while enjoying exploratory, ridiculous conversations about the nature of life, the evolution of humanity and last week's This American Life. Throw in some snuggling, sweet pillow talk and regular sex, and I am a very happy girl.
In short, I want to share awesome things with awesome people, who don't mind me using the same adjectives over and over.