- Cooking and eating a cow's tongue.
- Winning a Michael Jackson dance-a-like contest.
- Having a puppy vomit a goat's head into my lap.
- Winning a human Hungry Hungry Hippos competition.
- Making all the hippo hats for said competition.
- Meeting a dog named Freddie Mercury.
- Fixing a bicycle with clothes hangers.
- Fixing a water heater with clothes hangers.
- Conquering the world with clothes hangers.
- Working in a lumberyard.
- Reading Silence of the Lambs by candlelight.
- Getting a tree dropped on my head.
- Attempting to bake brownies in a clay oven.
- Scaring the hell out of a horror-tour tour guide.
- Chocolate fondue parties.
- Rafting the Nile. Twice.
- Gummy bears with existential crises.
- Working with victims of civil and ethnic violence.
- Researching SMS-based development feedback methods.
- Driving the entirety of Route 66.
- Driving the entirety of the I-5.
- Using seaweed-flavored toothpaste for a month by accident.
And so on. I love to be open to and explore and find beauty in new and unique experiences and that extends into my relationships.
A dear friend once described me thus:
"Danny, I would say that half of you is very wise and the other half is completely ridiculous. Actually, I take that back -- you're just ridiculous."
I grow a mustache every Movember. In the morning, I am grumpy.