- Cooking and eating a cow's tongue.
- Winning a Michael Jackson dance-a-like contest.
- Having a puppy vomit a goat's head into my lap.
- Winning a human Hungry Hungry Hippos competition.
- Making all the hippo hats for said competition.
- Meeting a dog named Freddy Mercury.
- Fixing a bicycle with clothes hangers.
- Fixing a heating unit with clothes hangers.
- Conquering the world with clothes hangers.
- Working in a lumberyard.
- Going head to head with a giant pig and losing.
- Reading Silence of the Lambs with frequent power outages.
- Getting a tree dropped on my head.
- Baking the best cakes in the world with no oven.
- Scaring the hell out of a horror-tour tour guide.
- Hosting the best chocolate fondue parties on the planet.
- Going head to head with an all-you-can-eat french toast buffet and winning.
- Rafting the Nile. Twice.
- Writing a story about a gummy bear having an existential crisis.
- Visiting a recently deserted battlefield.
- Working with victims of civil violence.
- Researching SMS-based development feedback methods.
- Driving the entirety of Route 66.
- Driving the entirety of the I-5.
- Using seaweed-flavored toothpaste for a month by accident.
And so on :) I love to be open to and explore and find beauty in new and unique experiences and that extends into my relationships.
A dear friend once described me thus:
"Danny, I would say that half of you is very wise and the other half is completely ridiculous. Actually, I take that back -- you're just ridiculous."
I grow a mustache every Movember. In the morning, I am grumpy.