Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Ok, it is time to face the music. I have been avoiding this part of
the profile for a while because I absolutely think there is no way
to actually sum me up, but I suppose that if you are intrigued by
what I put out there, this might be helpful.
Some things that are unique about me:
- When I do not know something, I ask about it... knowledge is my
sport of choice
- I have loveable "gripper-toes" that my mother says hold me to the
earth when I feel unbalanced (I quite agree)
- I am a disability activist and feminist and am pretty excited
about sharing that with the world!
- I punched a neighbor in the stomach when I was 7 because he
teased me that I couldn't ride a bike... ever since then I have
taken every dare someone ever thought I couldn't do and
- I have vagina power!
- I am proud to have a disability
Some things that can honestly be quite annoying:
- I am a real-life Hermione Granger... I will tell you if I think
you are wrong, but mostly I will be nice about it. When I say
"Actually," you know I am disagreeing with you. But good news is
that I allow room for argument and love to learn!
- Sometimes I take philosophical arguments too far for the sake of
- I always seem to lose the remote and my phone... like now, for
- I am often forgetful about factual things
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
Hopefully, what I know about my future will be completely wrong
because I have no idea what will happen yet. However, so far I plan
to finish my AmeriCorps service in Bellingham and move to Colorado
to pursue my Masters in Student Affairs in Higher Education. I hope
to meet some pretty great people along the way, and if you are
great, you should meet me! I want to know you!
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
- Learning... everything
- Debating/Arguing (the only kind that matters)
- Engaging and interacting with people
- Wearing my heart on my sleeve
- Telling the truth, even if it hurts
- Making people smile and know they are wanted
- LOVING completely and deeply
- Developing the potential in others, even when they don't believe
in themselves to begin with
- Experiencing ideas through many positions
- Asking questions!
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I smile a lot
I giggle all the time... even at myself
I have beautiful sea blue eyes that really see you
My cheeks are almost always flushed... either from laughing or
getting really excited about what I am talking about
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
East of Eden (John Steinbeck)
Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingslover)
Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling)
The Hunger Games (Stefanie Collins)
Exile and Pride (Eli Clare)
Anne of Green Gables, Moulin Rouge, Atonement, 1 Litre of Tears, My
Sassy Girl, 200 Pound Beauty,
Roswell, Grimm, Castle, Downton Abbey, ANYTHING PBS Masterpiece
Classic, ANYTHING BBC
JJ Lin, Jay Chou, BOA, Adele, Brandi Carlile, Madonna
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
- Breath-- enough to gasp in wonderment
- Passion-- as much required to excite change
- Love-- just the amount to make us collide
- Truth-- the promise that we respect our stories
- Consciousness-- critical inner-dialogue that exposes you to your
- Challenge-- all I need to feel alive, capable, and wanting for
people to hold me close
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
Social inequality, social justice, love, education, accessibility,
disability rights, dreams, future, my work, my friends, my family,
philosophy, beliefs, fears, vulnerability, good intentions,
mistakes, lies, truths, raw truths, love, impossible things
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Exhausted. Bag and coat thrown over the couch. Me, lying feet away,
sunk into the couch and snuggled into a blanket as I escape my
fatigue and enter the world of another-- mindless tele. About an
hour later, I get up and cook dinner with my roommate, dropping
ingredients and making a mess everywhere! We sit down, eat, watch
the sun set over the bay from our deck, listen to music or watch
shows, or most likely, talk into the wee hours. This is my friday
night, my roommate night with my lovely friend.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
- I have never been drunk (ask me why!)
- I am terrified of lady bugs (even though I was one in a
- When I was eight, I played a skunk in a school musical
- I don't have a driver's license
- I used to have metal screws in my legs
- I have never broken a bone (on purpose)
If you ask, I will answer (unless it is my address and phone
number, I might not be that willing). But I love love love
questions, especially those that make me think! I also like
questions that make me embarrassed, or feel awkward, because that
either means I am learning something, or I am discovering something
about myself. Fascinating!
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
You want to be FRIENDS. I am in a loving relationship with an OKC
find and am very happy. I still need good friends, and I want to
meet new people. Message me if you have read my profile and want to
get to know each other, as friends, girls and guys and everyone in
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.