- I find it odd that OKC continually tries to match me with people who are very similar to me in interests. I don't need people with similar interests, I know a lot of those. Not that I don't want more friends, I'd just like to add some variety and spice to my life.
I'll just come out and say that I would find it enjoyable to spend time with a smart, funny, interesting person of the opposite sex. We don't have to shack up, you don't have to like my cats (but they will like you. A lot.), I won't call/text you constantly, but I would like you to appreciate me as a person and be interested in spending time with me doing recreational activities of some sort. If you happen to be a great kisser and would be interested in kissing me (as opposed to a great kisser with no interest whatsoever in kissing me), then I would find that quite pleasing as well.
I've discovered that I will drop hints from subtle to the size of anvils but if you don't pick them up (and especially if I'm drunk and/or really annoyed), I will be very blunt. This never seems to go over well but, for me, it's a nice change from being terrified to be honest with people because they might not like me anymore.
That being said, on to the long (and insomnia-curing) profile:
Some things worth mentioning:
- If you can judge a person by their friends, then I am fan-freakin'-tastic and totally awesome. lemniscateheart is my best friend, the other half of my brain, and one of the funniest, most adorkable people ever. We talk about everything so that means if you message us both, we'll probably compare notes. sophygurl, my other best friend, is funny, genuine, thoughtful, and incredibly empathetic. They're the main reasons I moved to WI. You should check them out. I am a far, far better person for having them in my life.
- I'm a fat chick and I'm 100% comfortable with my body. I weight somewhere between 350 and 375 at any given time. The more polite may call me a BBW/SSBBW or use adjectives like voluptuous, curvy, zaftig, chubby, plump, cuddly or whathaveyou, but 'fat' works just fine for me.
- "lol" is NOT punctuation.
- My sense of humor is dry and sarcastic and I deeply appreciate a quick wit. Demetri Martin, Steven Wright, Craig Ferguson, Eddie Izzard, Flight of the Conchords, Tenacious D, British comedies like Spaced, Green Wing, Coupling, and Black Books, British panel shows like QI, Mock the Week, and Nevermind the Buzzcocks are all things/people that can make me laugh out loud. Community, Cougar Town, How I Met Your Mother, and The Big Bang Theory can also make me LOL. (See how that works re: previous point?)
- I love kids, but I can't have them. This doesn't bother me, but it's just worth mentioning.
- I'm definitely not one of the hip, cool kids. I'm nerdy, dorky, and a little awkward. I'm proud to be a nerd and a dork and the awkwardness passes once I get to know someone and my nerdorkiness beomes charming. Really.
- Hard limits: Recreational drugs, habitual alcohol use/abuse, domestic violence/anger issues, sexual interest in minors.
Things I love:
- Scrabble. I'm not the greatest player, but I'm pretty good. I like challenging myself and I like that it's a strategic game. My highest-ever score is 587. My average is 392(!).
- Music and live shows. I love country/bluegrass, folk, folk-pop, girls-with-guitars, and "alternative" as well as a cappella, collegiate groups, barbershop, etc. and anything with old-timey flavor (like The Ditty Bops). I'm down with pretty much everything but heavy opera. A lot of people say, "I like almost everything," but I'm pretty sure I really mean it. I even like top 40 and hip-hop.
- Pop culture.
- Bulleted lists. They force me to be more succinct. (Ha!)
- Geocaching. Not the spidery parts, but I do like finding things.
I am quirky, wordy, and stubborn.