I'm a decent, cheerful, honest chap with a good head on his shoulders and a heart as big as the moon. I'm a ridiculous romantic, and I think that's a good thing. I want a serious relationship - a friend and companion, someone to share my life with. Not going to to pretend: I want a family and all it entails. That doesn't mean I'm looking for "coffee, then babies." It means I'm a long-term-ideal kind of fella. Just putting that out there, keeping my cards on the table, you know?
- I say please and thank you, I tip well, and I smile at strangers.
- I wear shirts that have collars, and enjoy dressing up nicely more than once in a blue moon.
- I'd rather look like Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire than Eminem or J-Beebs.
- I clean up pretty good.
- I freely admit I'm a high-caliber nerd.
- I'm honest.
- I have a sense of humor that draws heavily on British Deadpan, with a bit of classic American Absurdist thrown in. I am, in a word, hilarious.
- I'm a good cook.
- I'm good with animals (even the ones I'm allergic to).
- This has come up a few times in recent weeks, so it needs to be said. Ladies, I love dogs. Pooches are awesome. But I am *crazy* allergic all but a handful of breeds (a few terriers, daschunds, and the like... smaller dogs, mostly, really). The rest... I can only handle many them in short doses, and the shots do nothing.
I'm "still single" because I've purposely chosen to be so. I've lived through a pretty awful LTR, and I've been through a lot of crap in my life. I'm a survivor. I'm also incredibly candid. Now you know!
I love lots of things, but my top five? Or maybe seven?
Sea life! (I love the Monterey Bay Aquarium)
Art and Illustration
Cooking (I'm awesome at it)
The written word (from novels to comics to poetry)
Fun Science Fiction
Also, I have a not-so-secret affection for The Muppets.
I am literate, comedic, and a huge fan of otters.
You will probably beat me in miniature golf, but that doesn't mean I won't try!