Update - please ignore my horrid typing - I'm really not illiterate but a poor typist and am noticing lot of grammatical errors in my answers to questions.
I'm a single, professional male in Worcester, MA. I'm 6'1 and 280 lbs (big but working on reducing). I have a full head of graying hair and a gray goatee. I am overeducated, a PhD in Psychology and an OD in Optometry and am looking for someone who is intelligent & interested - don't need my level of advanced ed - but do need to be a thinker - have some wonderful friends that have never completed much formal ed but are very intelligent. I was a full time academic scientist until Jan 2004 when I switched to administration.
I was born in NYC and lived in Boston, St. Louis, CT, Baltimore, Wichita and lots of other places. I have never married and don't have children but my 2 nephews in Baltimore are a source of joy to me (and I can always give them back to my sister when they get to me - sort of the best of both worlds ;-))
I asked several woman friends of mine to describe me and the responses were: ‘a great catch’, ‘a great guy’, ‘a prince among men’ (one of my more theatrical friends) and ‘who are you again?’ (one of my left over '60s friends). I do think of myself as ethical and moral (though my morality is non-standard), spiritual, smart and educated (2 different things), and relatively life competent (though a horrid typist and speller - thank all the gods for computers). I value my extended, non-biological family and am basically a decent guy.
I'm looking for a mature (doesn't mean old - refers to experienced enough to have some life wisdom), adult woman who is intelligent and open. Someone who isn't too wounded from their last relation, or who loves drama, or hates men, or is looking for a savior, or considers them self 'high maintenance'. I want a woman who can stand with me as an equal.
I hope this is enough info to start. If you would like to explore some more please contact me at email@example.com - I can send you pictures & a web page with more info about me if you wish.
- if you are very religious (any religion) and your life is guided by what a book says or what a pastor/priest/imam/yogi/whatever says rather than what your critical reasoning says - we probably won't mesh well -HOWEVER, spirituality, belief based on critical consideration, etc are very welcome.
- if riding motorcycles is your passion we probably won't fit well - been there, done that, got the injuries - not a judgment, I just don't ride anymore
- contributing to our culture
- trying for better life balance
- trying to understand what's next & looking for the next set of opportunities
- Most recent is Daniel Quinn's work
- Neither Wolf Nor Dog
- Morning of the Magicians (if you know this work please contact me it is an important book for me)
- My Dinner With Andre
- Reading about Jungian Psych Lately
- I'm an aspiring writer and so whatever I'm reading for my own writing
Music: Classical or Jazz
recently - personality psychology
What should I be doing
Our US culture & how did we get here?