assorted things. I have...
• three degrees: Computer Science, Fine Art, and Dance. also went to performing arts high school, also got accepted into a PhD program but didn't do it.
• eighteen patents
• been a member of SAG/AFTRA since I was four years old. I was the kid in sixteen candles who didn't want to go to the dance.
• spent over a decade with an art group and showed work on all seven continents and have pieces in museums
• a 3D printer - two of them, actually, I built the first one myself but it's broken, just got a new one
• a beard, usually, but I'll remove it promptly if asked. It comes back quickly, I can do without it, but then I tend to get carded.
In deference to the dearly departed three adjectives, I am, like the universe, 侘寂: imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete
dancing, telling stories, and entertaining.
coercing computers to cooperate
Reading your profile before looking at the pictures.
My stream of media runs all over the map - I've left broadcast
behind, but I dip in to the stream for choice nuggets like Weeds Dexter BreakingBad, catch up with the vox populi via colbert &
stewart & SNL, downloads of The Family Dad ArchBurger Show. No horror please, keep the blood to yourself.
Adding new stuff here as I think of it:
Man on Wire, All That Jazz, James Bond, Woody Allen, Black Mirror, Orphan Black, Arrested Development, drunk history, masters of sex, agents of shield, misfits, mythbusters, edge of tomorrow
I have a love for dubstep, Philip Glass, Eminem and Laurie Anderson, but I'll go with what's moving at the moment.
I adore avant garde/modernist cuisine but have no one to go with right now (you?), and there's a french place in midtown I know that does an amazing lunch special (lets?). I can cook, and I'm pretty good at it, but it's really something to be done for fun and when I have time or someone to cook for. Sport cooking, you might call it. I mostly eat Soylent lately, with some fast or junk food thrown in for variety.
Other favorite things, aside from the obligatory whiskers on roses:
burning man )°(, osx/ios, ruby/coffeescript,
koons/krueger/hirst/friedman/barney/gilbert & george,
keeps things from spontaneously turning into butterflies as I walk
by. bloody nuisance, that's what it is. "midas touch, but
cuter," they said when I signed up for the class. "Easy A" they
what's on the other side of the looking-glass. You've always
suspected there's another world, but can't seem to find platform 9¾
or the 7½ᵗʰ floor.
You don't believe that chemtrails, fluoride, or vaccines are secret plots of the Illuminati, that there is a simple household cure for cancer that is being suppressed by Big Pharma to maximize profits, that crop circles are made by aliens, that 9/11 or the moon landings were faked, or that indigo children have extra virtual four-dimensional DNA strands. Or, if you do believe these things, you can prove them. (more woo to be added as I think of it.)
You're a burner, or a DJ or a dancer. Or all of the above.