OK, here we go-I'm an Old Soul/Native New Yorker who grew up around both side of the tracks in Brooklyn, went to High School in the Bronx, Work in Manhattan and now reside in Queens......Staten Island is also a place.
...or just in case you have a short attention span too:
1. I prefer PBS cooking shows to the food network; mainly because nothing is as entertaining as seeing Lydia Bastianich passive aggressively berating her daughter.
2. My favorite love song is "beat your heart out" by the distillers. My favorite breakup song is "against all odds" by Phil Collins.
3. My favorite Muppet is beaker.
4. Not to brag, but I'm pretty handy with a snooze button.
5. I have no poker face, I can't lie and have a hard time not staring at amputees.
6. I can totally rock the NY Times crossword puzzle; provided it's not before Monday or after Wednesday.
7. Not only will I order hard to pronounce food off of a French Menu, I'll set the menu on fire trying to read it by candlelight.
8. I’d like to imagine my humor as a mix of dry, acerbic, and witty but it usually comes back to wiffleball-in-the-nuts.
9. I want to meet someone who balances me out more than someone who mirrors me.
10. If I yell out "Go, team Venture!!", run. Something is about to go terribly wrong.
11. I am always finding new ways to knock myself unconscious.
12. I’m not superstitious.
14.I like lists.
15.UPDATE:I've think I've become more interested in using this list for entertainment myself than anything else:)
16. The next time someone tells me that they are stalking me, they'd better be good and ready to buy my used shit off of Craigslist.
It's been brought to my attention that I had Walking Dead as my favorite show, which as many of you are aware, currently sucks. My new favorite current show is Broad City...or maybe Game of Thrones.
And also: The Wire is my favorite show ever. Arrested development, The Honeymooners, Breaking Bad, Little Britain, Always Sunny, Twilight Zone and The Muppet Show.
Comedy(It's important to laugh):Tim Minchin, Louis CK, Paul F. Thompkins, Todd Glass, Patton Oswalt, David Cross, Chris Hardwick, Lee Evans, Gilbert.
Music: in no particular order, and assuming bands like the Stones, Beatles and Zeppelin are included by default: Arctic Monkeys, The Presets, Kid Cudi, QOTSA, The Distillers, Iron Maiden(but mostly for the Album covers), Regina Spektor, Goldfrapp, Squeeze, The Clash, David Bowie, Foo Fighters, MGMT, Queen, AC/DC, Weezer, Stevie Wonder, Tim Minchin, Elvis Presley, Elvis Costello, Air Supply, Oingo Boingo, Basement Jaxx, Cyndi Lauper, They Might be Giants, DEVO, The Roots, The Specials, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes...
Movies: The Godfather, The Hangover, The Goonies, The Breakfast Club, Eddie Murphy Raw and Delirious Final Destination 1-3, Aliens, Superbad, The Lives of Others, The Departed, A Christmas Story, Princess Bride.
Broadway (I go a lot for work):Matilda!!, Scottsboro Boys, Spamalot, Book of Mormon, Venus in Fur, Avenue Q, Rock of Ages. was the also the only peson who liked CryBaby.
Books: Anything by Cornel West, Malcolm Gladwell, Po Bronson, Sarah Vowell, or pertaining to Zombies. Also, I have a ton of cookbooks.
3. Quality spooning(also, quality forking)
5. Music and Movies
6. Pickle, my cat (Peanut, my other cat, I could take or leave)
Also, how can Red Lobster offer "Endless Shrimp" for a limited time? That doesn't make any sense at all.
Also, How can I put "Has cats" AND "Dislikes Cats" in the pets area.