1) I'm writing a book. Apparently the secret to being a writer is to write something. I wish someone had told me sooner.
2) I grew up in Ireland, which is pretty much the anti-Denver. Think of every day it's sunny here, and then imagine it raining instead. That's Ireland.
3) I hiked the first half of the Appalachian Trail in 2004, and the second half in 2011. By the end I had dropped thirty pounds, lost the feeling in my right hip and thigh, and started blacking out while I walked. But in return I got to spend the summer hiking through leafy greenness and sleeping under stars.
4) I was the Director of Operations at a small business until last year. And then I had a moment where I realized I could work there until I retired and not be unhappy, but not really be happy either. And I thought, you know, the day may come when I settle for not unhappy. But until then, I'm going to keep trying for happy.
5) I like board games, card games, word games, lawn games, party games, pub trivia and, if we're being completely honest, Truth or Dare. I enjoy playing soccer and basketball way out of proportion to how talented I am at either one. And ultimate frisbee. I like that too.
6) I think about things. It might be what I'm best at.
7) I have a Venus flytrap. Its name is Snappy. It lives in a big glass jar on my bedside table. Sometimes I talk to Snappy before falling asleep. Mostly just to encourage Snappy to be the best flytrap it can be.
8) I like people who are kind, and I don't like people who aren't.
9) I hope you find what you're looking for on this site. I hope we all do. (Seriously. We're all on the same team here, you know.)