I joined this site because I wanted to find someone I had a lot in common with. I like to do things outside of the box a little, so I organized my description into this convenient and hopefully entertaining list.
14 facts about me.
1. I like foreign languages. I speak good Spanish, decent French, very fluent Frenglish and Spanglish, and a very small amount of Korean. I want to learn more, but I should probably master one foreign language before butchering a new one.
2. I am a vegetarian. Have been since I was 10.
3. I know a lot of people have a major problem with my not eating meat, and I am definitely split on how I feel about this. Part of me doesn't care, but another part of me doesn't give a d*mn.
4.I am a former model.
5. Ok, a former child model whose entire modeling career consisted of a few photo shoots and a couple of local commercials. But I've kept in pretty good shape since I was 9. Maybe I can get in contact with an agent and be in another COSI commercial.
6. I am not a religious person. I don't think people should be judged by their belief in any certain god. I know a lot of people may have a problem with that. For my feelings on this, see #3..
7. I've never been drunk. If I wanted to reduce myself to a bumbling, slobbering, incoherent moron, I'd watch an MTV reality show marathon.
8. I spent a year living and working in South Korea. I taught English to young children.
9. On my grandfather's farm, I dug a 1/2-acre pond with a shovel and wheelbarrow. Imagine my embarrassment when I discovered the bulldozer was just out of gas!
10. I don't believe in criticizing people for habits, beliefs, or ways of life that don't harm me or other people. So if you're in to unusual body art, have a strange hobby, or attempt to contact aliens through interpretive dance, I say to each his own.
11. I really love animals. Even the weird ones like armadillos and aardvarks. Okay, especially the weird ones.
12. My car is a Honda Fit. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything funny to say about that. Any suggestions?
13. I would love to learn how to break dance. I'm currently learning how to play the guitar. If I could learn to do them both at the same time, that would be a real accomplishment.
14. I follow college football, but I see it as mainly an entertaining distraction, and not a religion as so many do. So even though I'm from Ohio, I don't have anything against people who root for Michigan, or any other sports team. Actually, if you root for Western Kentucky, I might have some reservations. Their mascot kind of creeps me out.
Also, looking for a new job that is related to my second college major.
2. Remembering things about people (for better or worse)
3. Making time for people.
4. Learning languages
5. Making numbered lists
6. Converting lead into gold with my newly invented Alchematic 2000.
7. Remembering song lyrics
Unless I actually AM jumping up and down on a pogo stick while juggling live badgers. In that case, they probably notice that.
Music: Okay, I'll get this out of the way first, since many people consider this a HUGE deal breaker: I do listen to country music that isn't by Johnny Cash. I know he's the only artist in that genre you're allowed to listen to and still be "cool", so I guess I'm just not "cool."
Some of my favorite artists: Garth Brooks, Bruce Springsteen, Sara Evans, Vanessa Carlton, Don Henley, Alice in Chains, The Beastie Boys.
Movies: I don't have any favorite genre, but I am generally not a fan of action movies, since they are prone to insulting audience intelligence. I mean seriously, how many times can you see a car blow up after getting hit by a bullet or something before you roll your eyes? I totally hate "torture porn" horror movies.
Books: I do most of my reading on the internet, but when I read a book it is usually non-fiction.
Food: Yeah, I eat stuff. Not meat though. I'm definitely not a "foodie", and am not at all picky.
I send very, very few messages on here, on account of little time spent on the site.