I live and love passionately - my work, my time with my children, my friends. Life is a grand adventure and I want to share that with someone who lives, plays and works hard. I love to travel...whether it be a weekend get away or a 10 day hiatus from all things ordinary. I am resourceful and love a challenge. I am honest and trust to a fault sometimes. I am loyal and generous - life and resources are to share. I never ever say quit - even when I should. I love to laugh, and want someone to laugh with me especially when I am laughing at myself. Laughter is a gift - it heals and creates defining moments. I need not always be right, and appreciate someone who smiles when I am wrong - as all experiences and perspectives help us grow and become who we are. I am a passionate and enthusiastic cook and love the experience of sharing a meal ... what is more essential to life?
So, online dating is, well, an experience. Its part candy store, part grueling shopping trip (I HATE shopping) and part bargain basement discount warehouse (hate those too). But, the reality is it is tough to meet people these days...so we are here. Attraction is important...but hard to know other than what can be gleaned from a few photos and a brief bio. so, we date, take a risk and determine if it is close enough to what we want to pursue further.The key is....know what you want. If one doesn't, than you will have diffiiculty findng it. I believe that I have learned that not knowing what you want translates into meeting someone and finding all that isn't right, amd missing all that could be. Subtle difference in approach, perhaps...but initial attraction fuels the spark - for both.
So, a few more thoughts on who I am:
1. I am strong and independent - but desire a partner also strong and independent.
2. I am self sufficient financially, and expect my partner to be. Though, sharing resources once in a relationship is something I am open to.
3. I have children. They keep me young and are VERY important to me...my partner needs to be a positive role model. They have a fabulous dad, who is a close friend, but being a part of my life is also to be a part of theirs.
4. Based on above, I am not into hookups or 20 and 30 year old somethings... not interested in dating and raising someone at the same time. :)
5. I can rock a ponytail and a faded pair of blue jeans barefoot (with a baseball cap for you sports fans!) as well as that little black dress with heels.
That said, here's is what I know I desire in a partner:
He should first appreciate life as a gift and realize that only when he takes care of himself, can he take care of others. He will love to talk - about all things, explore ideas and be tolerant of those different than his own. Above all he will be honest - with himself and others - he won't be afraid of change, or compromise, and he will know that love is possible.
It is important that one knows what they want...and will work through those things that are not of their own. Idealism is can be a fatal flaw, when it prevents you from knowing love and experiencing life. One should never compromise values...but understand the unknown can bring incredible joy.
so it is now 2014....and we ( read "i") am still here. Leap of faith...