Since Buzzfeed made listicles all the rage, here are just a few things that I enjoy:
* Reading: Everything from the FT to cooking blogs, especially since I have a lot of time to kill while sitting in metal tubes.
* Films/TV: I live this Dave Grohl's quote, "I don’t believe in guilty pleasures. If you like something, like it." And I freely admit that I enjoy romantic comedies like "Must Love Dogs" (or really, any John Cusack movie). And there isn't much I love more than a good BBC drama.
* Obligatory family & friends. I am of the opinion that it is the people that matters more than the location. It could be as simple as a potluck dinner with friends but as long as it is with people whose company I enjoy, it beats dinner at the finest restaurant.
* Work. Perhaps a bit too much if I were honest.
* Wine "tasting" (really, just wine drinking ;).
While I no longer put a lot of stock in the Myers–Briggs personality test, I have found that I'm what is colloquially known as an extroverted-introvert; while I enjoy and happily engage in large social gatherings I much prefer smaller intimate sets. An excellent evening for me is getting together with friends, new and old, to share an good bottle of wine and engaging conversation.
I am introspective, self-critical, and witty.
The thing that keeps the lights on is my job as a management consultant.
(B) I watch a lot of documentaries and an overwhelming fondness for all things BBC. From Dr. Who to the latest Attenborough documentary. I also delight in sitcoms like Modern Family and procedurals like Castle.
(C) I've learned to appreciate music in all its form (not to mention I am hopeless at keeping up with what's going on currently) and often retreat back to favourites like Radiohead, OMD, Avett Brothers, Regina Spektor, and Josh Radin.
(D) Chinese food, natch. Sushi is also great. My recent culinary adventures have centered around Central and South American food, like a good Peruvian saltado. And fries. Perfectly golden french fries.