We headed west to find ourselves some truth
Find better matches with our advanced
44 • Seattle, WA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 26–62
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Yesterday – 11:24pm
- 6′ 0″ (1.83m)
- Body type
- Strictly anything
- Other, and laughing about it
- Aquarius, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from university
- Entertainment / Media
- Open relationship
- Strictly non-monogamous
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Poorly), German (Poorly), Portuguese (Poorly), C++ (Poorly)
We headed west to find ourselves some truth
* I'm somewhat established in the regional EDM community as a DJ, but I've decided I freaking hate nightclubs and therefore am trying to figure out what to do in this game that doesn't involve nightclubs. (Or turning nightclubs into things that are a lot less like nightclubs.)
Let me tell you, it ain't easy.
* I'm in a karaoke league, which is the weirdest idea ever.
* I like my life better when I live inside my body, which means a lot of running, jumping, dancing, wrestling with like-minded people, fucking, probably, and so on.
* I am an assistant college debate coach...somewhere around here.
* I am an on-and-off political blogger. Looks like it's still off again. Though I'm working on various projects such as "What If Heavenly Father is a Drunken Asshole?" and "Ma Bell Was a Better Mother than My Mother."
I listen to a lot of so-called EDM because I'm a DJ. I'm not a format bigot, though I find it's very easy for certain genres to get abused to death, such as trap, dubstep and electro house. But my first love is always going to be to good, old-fashioned Frankie Knuckles-style house. I seem to play a lot of what is now called "G House" and "tropical house," but neither of those terms existed when I favored the music.
(On that note, I used to hate trap until I survived a twerknado.)
But Big Room pisses me the fuck off. What the fuck happened, Armin? What the fuck?
But I also like high-energy rock, such as what was popular in the early 70s and early 90s. And I have a special place in my heart for hiNRG, new wave, Latin freestyle, trip hop, and "New Jack" swing.
Movies--well, I like them. Hard to name a favorite, but I like mind-fuck festivals like Inception, Cloud Atlas, Memento, The Matrix, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Citizen Kane and so on, and dark cultural parodies like Dr. Strangelove, The Cabin in the Woods, Starship Troopers, and things of that nature. Also cultural guilty pleasures like the Marvel Earth-199999 movies and stuff like "Hunger Games" and "Divergent" (though I heard "Insurgent" sucked ass and am waiting for it on video).
TV -- don't watch a lot--pretty much it's Seahawks & Mariners games, "Mad Men", and "Game of Thrones". Occasionally things like "Veep" and "Inside Amy Schumer". Previously stuff like "True Blood", "Breaking Bad", "The Wire", and "Battlestar Galactica"
Musicals--like those too, but it's a fairly recent love. Just got around to seeing Rent a few months ago. And who the fuck thought making a musical of "Elf" was a good idea?! Favorites: "Les Miserables", "Flower Drum Song" (revival), "Evita", "Jesus Christ Superstar". Guilty pleasures: "Phantom of the Opera", "Aida."
Opera--haven't done it in a while, but interested in going back. Favorites so far: "La fanciulla del West" (Puccini), "Parsifal" (Wagner), "Ariadne auf Naxos" (Strauss)
Books--they are awesome. I have read a few. You should too. Was thinking about writing one, but everyone does that. Don't they?
Food--while I appreciate the artistry of well-prepared cuisine, experiencing food for its own sake isn't a priority for me. As a shared adventure it can be interesting though.
Drinks--national lagers (eg Harp, Kirin, Tiger, Molson Canadian), hefeweizens, interesting but not-too-trendy red wines, and craft cocktails
And our robot future. Yes, robots.
Otherwise it's road trips, working on antifragile edible landscaping, building giant subwoofers, designing light shows, learning iOS programming, or the occasional game of League of Legends.
you want the funk
give up the funk
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue
meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to .
If you don’t see it, try checking
your Spam folder.