I'm originally from LA but spent my formative years in Fresno. I first came to the Bay Area for college and I'm very grateful to be back here for graduate school. I'm on my way to getting a PhD in Sociology of Education. This is an area that I feel incredibly passionate about and love talking about with other people. I'm a strong advocate of social justice and hope my research will one day make schools a little better for underserved students. Perhaps not surprisingly, I find idealism and a good heart very attractive in others! "What's that? You want to make the world better? HOOOOTTT."
Other random facts for your amusement:
- I'm a fierce Taboo and Disney Trivia player, and I will crush you...
- I taught English in Peru for a year and I can tell you all about what it's like to have the water on your block completely shut off by 8:00pm every night.
- I'm bilingual and always enjoy opportunities to practice my Spanish!
When I'm not working I like doing outdoor activities and enjoying the sun. Walking, hiking, biking, kayaking, laying out on the beach, picnicking, street fairs... Love all of them.
working with kids
trying new recipes
forgetting where I put my keys
Movies: Shakespeare in Love, The Departed, Fight Club, Bridget Jones' Diary, Motorcycle Diaries
TV: 30 Rock, House of Cards, Scandal, Modern Family, Mad Men
Music: My music choices are entirely dependent on my mood, but the Pandora channels I use the most are "Lost in My Mind" or "Corinne Bailey Rae" for working, "Michael Buble" or "Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong" for making breakfast on the weekend, and "Lady Gaga" or "Justin Timberlake"for working out or pre-partying.
Food: I eat pretty much everything, but Mexican food is probably my favorite because it tastes like home.
My friends (especially my "Dream Team" that's getting me through grad school!)
My morning cup of coffee
- you are self-aware and know what you want from a partner and in life
- you are optimistic and happy in spirit
- you call a girl when she gives you her number (I always feel weird texting people I've never met)