1. MY PHOTO: It was taken in June of 2012, and is a great depiction of my physical self. Smiles come easily, casual dress is my immediate impulse once the suit and tie come off, and I can say with confidence I've lost no additional hair since this photo was taken. :-) If you're looking for a George Clooney salt and pepper type, let's not beat around the bush, I am likely not you're guy...
2. MY HEIGHT: So, have you been burned by this one yet? I bet you have. For the record, I am 5'11". That doesn't mean with my shoes on or compared to a guy I know that is the same height, and says he's 5'11". Rather, it means an honest 5'11", and a promise any photos you and I take together won't have you standing on the low ground or forced to wear flats to make me look taller.
3. WHY AM I SINGLE: I am a product of a few very successful long term relationships that have in every way shaped who I am, and ultimately who I want to end up with. I've been on both sides of a broken heart, and understand this is part of the risk when putting yourself out there. Friends and family constantly tell me, it will happen when you're least expecting it. While sound advice, I also believe in making my own luck. My take is since you're on Okcupid, and still reading this, you do too...
4. MY LIKES: Okay, in a nutshell, all those general things everyone else says they like (travel, friends, food, my career), yep, I like those too. What makes me different are the following:
- Brutally honest conversation: Tough at times, but key for sustaining a successful relationship
- People who share something that leaves me saying, 'Huh, I've never thought of it that way.' NOTE! This has never happened for me while on facebook
- Conversation where both listen, and then shape their response using the right words, not just the first they're able to blurt out.
- Also nice, are people who take risks, are comfortable in their own skin, have their own opinions, know shared looks are better than being able to finish someone's sentence, reading beyond just being in a book club, and having lots of different laughs (even if some of them are when watching another trip or snort milk out of their nose).
Now for self summary....
My name is Daniel and if I had to describe myself in one word it would be driven. I know that's what a lot of people will say but for me it really is the truth. I have always held the belief that anything is possible, one of my favorite lines is "Don't tell me something is impossible. Tell me that its impracticable, that I would have to fly to the moon to get it but let me decide for myself if the juice is worth the squeeze.". I love to work hard and play hard.
A big part of my life is my friends and I pride myself on always being the guy who knows someone (as a side note, if you're looking for a laptop or something I know a guy ;) ) and on always being able to help my friends out. My usual weekends involve either going out and seeing my friends perform music or hanging out with them and having a get together at my place. In many ways I am often the fixer in my group and its a role that I relish.
I like to dream big and then go out there and make those dreams a reality and so far I have been really successful at it. So if you're looking for someone who makes big plans and then makes them happen and if you're looking for someone who is planning on taking the world by storm, then maybe you and I will get along. Besides I need somebody to relax and watch a terrible movie with ;) .