I just moved to Santa Clara in December 2008 from Austin, TX (where I lived for 9.5 years) for a job with my dog. I'm divorced, no kids, but I like kids.
I have a very sarcastic sense of humor and I really don't think I could spend much time with anyone that didn't have a great sense of humor. I am a bit of a geek at heart (I work with computers/software during the day and I have a fascination for the latest gadgets and such). I love going out with friends and meeting new people. I love to cook but I'm also a big fan of trying new restaurants (I'll try anything at least once).
I love to travel (I usually go alone, but I'd love to find someone who would travel with me). I am a sports fan - mostly football -- NFL, college & arena (I'm a HUGE Packer fan), some baseball (I'm a Cubs fan), hockey (I just like watching the game, no particular team right now), college basketball (Go Purdue), not so much on NBA, but I can appreciate those that are!
I am quite skeptical of online dating/meeting sites, so this is pretty much a "test" for me to see how it goes.
I am clever, compassionate, and fun-loving.
I've decided that being single doesn't mean I have to stop my life and wait for someone before I can go out/travel and enjoy things. I've got a great job and I spend a lot of time volunteering. I spend a lot of time with my friends.
Wow, what am I really good at? That's a tough question because I'm always striving to improve on everything I do. I don't like being stagnant.
My eyes. I have very very blue eyes (not easy to see in my picture and most of the pictures I have where you can see it, they look fake).
Goodness, I love SO much music. Recent favorites include Ghostland Observatory, Guster, Sarah McLachlan, NIN, Barenaked Ladies, Imogen Heap, Prince, Dave Matthew Band, Velvet Revolver, Brazilian Girls, Madonna, Bloc Party, Jack Johnson, Dashboard Confessional, Sean Kingston, REM, Arcade Fire, Nickelback, My Chemical Romance, John Mayer, Beastie Boys, Hinder, Blue October, Cowboy Mouth, Bowling for Soup... I could go on and on. I'm up for ANY kind of music really.
Food, I love ALL different kinds of food and I absolutely love trying new things.
Movies... I don't get to see as many movies as I'd like because I absolutely HATE going to the movies alone! Books... I have very random taste in books... let's just go over some of the most recent I've read (and liked): Agatha Christie, Stephen King, Dalai Lama, Harry Potter series, various techie books on Math/Crypto/Computers.
This is a tough question:
1) My friends 2) My family 3) My dog 4) My car 5) My computer 6) hmmmm... what to put in the VERY last spot, so many choices:
- Air, Water, Shelter -- yeah yeah, everyone already KNOWS that, not very interesting
- A bag to put my stuff in, but nothing else on my list fits in a small bag - A hair brush -- yes, that's important, but is it worth of the LAST spot?
- Mascara -- yeah, I hate to leave the house without it on, but, its not CRITICAL
- My house - Not so important since I moved away from my house and rent it out now
- Soap/Shampoo -- yes, VERY VERY important, but I could probably snag some of the hotel samples from a friend though.
- Money -- that seems so material, but, with a couple bucks I could get the hair brush, mascara, soap/shampoo and maybe a bottle of water to boot, but then I'd need that bag I mentioned to carry it all around with me.
OK, I've thought about this too long... it's just a question!
Stupid things... I will go off on wild tangents (if my 6 things I could never do without list isn't proof enough) and love having crazy conversations about random things.
But, on a serious side, I think about my future, my family, my friends, my job...
Probably out with friends either at dinner, a bar/pub, their house for some gathering, or at some other event. I'm not home much, but occasionally I will just have this urge to curl up in front of the TV and watch a movie -- and if that's the mood I'm in, that's what I do.
I'm still too skeptical to put in anything private yet.