Find better matches with our advanced
34 • San Francisco, CA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 24–38
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Yesterday – 10:08pm
- 5′ 11″ (1.80m)
- Body Type
- Mostly anything
- When drinking
- Atheism, but not too serious about it
- Pisces, and it’s fun to think about
- Graduated from Ph.D program
- Science / Engineering
- Doesn’t have kids, but might want them
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English (Fluently), French (Fluently)
I am an Aussie and spent a large part of my 20s in Switzerland doing my PhD where I learned French, drank wine and ate cheese while looking at beautiful mountains and smiling. I arrived in Palo Alto the week before my 30th birthday to work at Stanford and recently got an amazing job where I get paid to do something which couldn’t be done anywhere else on the planet (it involves lasers and mind control…. oooooh so cool).
A nice combination of luck and life choices have made me into an open-minded and happy person that loves the company of others and gets satisfaction in making them happy also.
2. Being an “invisible” tourist: Have you ever seen the Bourne Identity movies where Jason Bourne looks at a street map for 2 seconds, and then does some amazing escape? That’s me! I am awesome navigating foreign lands. I am also quite adept at standing in public buses/metros and staring around at people in a way that seems I understand their language and am therefore not a tourist. That’s a skill right?
3. Talking to strangers: One of the most beautiful things in life is kindness with strangers. Being nice to people that you don’t have to is awesome. The other day I had some great conversation with a guy working at Safeway. I forgot what it was but we couldn’t stop laughing. I really like those random moments and that is what I would like to be remembered for if I get hit by a large bus tomorrow.
I suppose if I had to nominate one favorite thing though in life it would be airplane food on transcontinental flights. Airplane food has become so good these days (Emirates, Qantas, Singapore etc not United flights though). I love to unwrap airplane food carefully and eat it slowly with etiquette like I am in a classy restaurant. Yes people look at me like I am a weirdo. For sure its strange but with a couple of glasses of wine and nothing else to do I think its fun.
- sense of humor
- shower baths (see below)
- my wit
Most of my thinking is done while having a shower bath. The BEST thing in the world is just sitting in an empty bath tub with a shower head pouring hot water on your chest. Complete relaxation. I couldn’t believe it when I realized a couple of years ago that not everyone does this.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue
meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to .
If you don’t see it, try checking
your Spam folder.