I am the greatest fan of the female gender ever to emerge from the primordial ooze. However, I must admit a preference for fearless, confident, experienced, intelligent, independent, post-feminist women who relish the differences in our genders. Give me a gal who can take on City Hall and carve a boorish cur into ribbons yet still blush when I give her flowers. In return you'll get a grown-up gentleman who can tie his own tie, tip the valet, pair the wine and suggest an entree without dropping a beat of conversation.
You will get along with me better if you're ok with at least four of the following:
1) You can tell a Manet from a Monet
2) You know Bordeaux from Meritage
3) You have a job
4) You know Waltz from Polka
5) You can name the major eastwest streets in Montrose between Allen Parkway and Richmond.
6) You can handle either side in an Objectivist vs. Humanist debate.
7) Dating a guy with a huge, noisy family isn't intimidating.
8) The phrase "once a king, always a king, but once a night is enough!" makes you a little angry.
Am I getting too soft and artsy for you? Sorry. I'm an avid bird hunter, can ride a horse and handle a canoe or kayak. I love hiking and I'll guide you through the secret cave at Enchanted Rock. I'm a fair welder, a good electrician and a functional plumber. Sorry, I don't do sheetrock. I love going to the gun range both for pistols and long guns. I cant drink crappy beer anymore.
I dress for all occasions, including Rodeo and Renfaire. I'm a participant and expect the same from you. I need to dance at least once a month. I like GOOD opera, GOOD symphony and GOOD theater. Sadly most of what is performed these days is bad, poorly performed or simply overdone. I'd rather commit hari-kari than watch Swan Lake again.