Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
hi, i'm david. i get ridiculously excited about ridiculous things.
i have a tumblr that's almost exclusively dedicated to the random
terrible ideas i have throughout the day. i'm mischievous, but i
take a strong anti-mayhem stance.
i know just enough spanish to make my way through a cormac mccarthy
novel. speaking of which, that's where my user name comes from.
it's one of the passages that absolutely changed my life.
i'm an intj, but i forget what that means.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
- videography and editing
- riding the emotional rollercoaster that is seattle sports
- getting used to my new acl (formerly: my old hamstring
- a movie podcast, maybe?
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
- solving problems, a little bit at a time
- laughing, constantly
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
i can't really think of what it would be, actually. i can't even
come up with a good joke about it!
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
- the crossing (cormac mccarthy)
- the english patient (michael ondaatje)
- the earthsea cycle (ursula le guin)
- the brief wondrous life of oscar wao (junot diaz)
- pattern recognition (william gibson)
- beasts of the southern wild
- neutral milk hotel
- bon iver
- iron & wine
- the national
- joanna newsom
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
besides the obvious,
2. amazing, inexpensive food
3. amazing, slightly-too-expensive beer
4. podcasts, an addiction i picked up while dog walking
5. copious amounts of laughter
6. uh, i don't know. porcupines?
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
- nature versus nurture
- how to saturate life with tiny, microscopic jokes
- what's better—the last 15 minutes of ratatouille or the first 15
minutes of up?
- a series of selfies taken with antique cameras: does it already
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
i am an incorrigible introvert so my absolute favorite would be
having dinner and drinks with a small group of friends. really, you
can guess how much i will like a given activity based on whether
it's likely to produce great conversations.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
okay! i am really excited right now because i finally thought up a
good answer to this question: you know that video of the cast of
the broadway production of the lion king breaking out in song on a
virgin air flight to australia?
i legitimately, 100% unironically, think that that is one of the
most beautiful things i've ever seen.
I’m looking for
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 25–35
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
- you think i might be kind of funny
- you want to tell me a story
- or, you want me to tell you a story
- just 'cause.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.