* I am thoughtful, intelligent, with a large heart; I am adventurous and full of humor.
* I value honesty, respect, self-awareness, curiosity, and a willingness to take risks.
* I enjoy good conversations, travel, creating and contemplating art, reading and discussing books.
* I take pleasure in the beauty of our world and I shudder at what we do to others on this earth.
* I commit random acts of kindness whenever possible.
* I care deeply about the land, what we do and don't do to the planet, as well as each other. For me watersheds are critical to understanding our place here together.
* I grew up as a child of the "Eastern Riverine Forest"; I am now an adult of the bioregion known as "Eco-topia"!
I am retired after a positive and varied academic experience: I was able to develop a wide range of courses reflecting my commitment to environmental issues while teaching in architecture and planning programs. I was also active in Latin American Studies and Study Abroad, deepening my appreciation of the cultural and environmental diversity of our world. I had already spent sixth grade in Liege, Belgium, and I'd worked in Heidelberg, Germany, for a year in the 70s. My academic career brought opportunities to live in Costa Rica on several occasions, with many trips to other Latin American countries. This range of cultural experiences has given me a wider view of life on this earth, and I would enjoy exploring new places - discovering who, what, exists in each one.
In a relationship I believe in sharing space and the joys of life while allowing room for each person’s separate learning and growing. Emotional, physical, and spiritual growth are important when connecting with individuals, my community, and the planet. I want to have new experiences that balance gentle times with pushing limits.
When I think of spending time with someone, it includes hearing live music, art museums, gardening, building or making things, creating wonder together. I'll enjoy discovering shared interests with you! I LOVE being outside IN the world, although I am not a 'sun' person. Water, snow, beaches -- the intensity and colors of nature in its ever-changing light through the day and the seasons -- all of these delight me!
You are definitely someone who needs, thrives in, the greater world outside our selves. The colors, music and beauty of the rich life on this planet must move you. Expressions of joy, humor, and playfulness are all part of your everyday life, while an awareness of humanity's dark side is necessary as well. Balancing shared time and alone time must be important to you too. Respect, listening, openness are 'givens' as well as an awareness that each of us has a history, experience from which to move forward?!