- i'm in Peace Corps right now.
- i'm kinda through with love (i'd hoped it could be something i never found), but i'd still like a family with someone exceptional.
- i am in pretty much no way a grown-up.
- i engage the mainstream with great anthropological interest (Super Bowl) and sometimes unabashed personal delight (Disneyland).
- i use words like whatnot and groovy in everyday conversation, sing (badly) to myself, make terrible puns, want to add Oxford commas to signage but have neither the gall nor discipline to follow through, and end up screwing things up by wanting to over-protect everyone all the time like Charlie from Charlie and Lola.
Most importantly, i have LLI, which is a neurological trait that makes me really sensitive to sensory experiences and human behavior. As long as i keep my distance in either case, it's manageable. But all those little (and big) rewrites people perpetrate on themselves and others out of defense or desire produce a visceral reaction in me sort of like watching a horror movie and being punched in the stomach at the same time. Please don't write to me if you want to be indulged in your rewrites or go for the cheap shots and easy self-serving narratives when you're upset with someone. On the other hand, i also eschew interpersonal blame and judgement (usually just a way to objectively justify saying "You're not being who I want you to be."). Essentially, i search for those who aspire to Kohlberg's postconventional morality with a strong sense of existential humility and interpersonal compassion.